Titans Head Coaching Search 2018

KingTitan

10 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Sorry to disrupt yalls future HC discussion.

But I'm hoping to get some clarity on a few questions...Browns fan here who never gets a chance to really watch Titans football.

I grew up a huge Eddie George, Steve McNair, and Warren Moon's Oilers fan so I've always had nothing but love for you guys.and am hearing we're looking at Mularkey as OC.

Curious as to what happened to everyone's opinion of him as last year from the outside looking in the offense Robiskie and Mularkey put together received rave reviews as being an exotic smash mouth that was hard to stop. Common takes were " this is a forward looking offense that is creative and tough."

The Offense was ranked 9th in overall offensive efficiency in 2016.

From the outside looking in, it also seemed that nfl ppl and you all thought adding a WR1 would help the offense go to the next level.

Now, all the takes are "Mularkey and Robiskie don't know what offensive playcalling is...they are the worst ever"........."our offense is in the stone age"...."our offense is not creative at all"..."this offense is hurting Mariota"

Can you help an outsider understand why the issues aren't mainly attributable to Mariota's hamstring injury, Demarco Murray's knee/hammy, and/or Corey Davis' injury/inexperience, and the interior OL struggles.

I'd love to get your insights specifically on offense (as Mularkey could be the Browns OC) not necessarily him as a HC of the entire team.

Thank you.

Expect an offense built for 90s football

8 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

This is far and away my least concern in a hiring process. He's been around the league 20 years and has been coaching for seven. 

Exactly.

McVay was an OC for only 2 seasons and only got in the league in 2008, then went to college, came back and was an asst. TE coach.

Vrabel according to John Mclain was prepping to be a coach since the last his last few years in New England. 

If you love McVay, I don't think you can knock Vrabel due to experience. 

Im lowkey nervous were gonna get someone worse lol

As for Vrabel idk much about him as a coach tbh. Hell of a player though lol. We will still need a really good OC

I trust Jon. He's not perfect but I think he's smart and in it to win it! 

Im just happy us winning that playoff game didnt get us stuck with Terry and that trash offense for another year. CAUSE THAT KC GAME WAS GREAT and the news yesterday started to make me regret it lol.

My top 2 now are:

Matt Patricia- Was my favorite two years ago and remains there until he's hired by someone. Smartest coach around and always gets his unit playing their best when it counts. Also think it should be noted that he has worked on both offense and defense as a coach.

John DeFilippo- What he's done in two years with Wentz is awesome and the Run Pass Option is something they do a lot of and what I think Mariota needs.

After that I would look at these 3: Steve Wilks, Dave Toub and Mike Vrabel.

4 minutes ago, lovetitans said:

My top 2 now are:

Matt Patricia- Was my favorite two years ago and remains there until he's hired by someone. Smartest coach around and always gets his unit playing their best when it counts. Also think it should be noted that he has worked on both offense and defense as a coach.

John DeFilippo- What he's done in two years with Wentz is awesome and the Run Pass Option is something they do a lot of and what I think Mariota needs.

After that I would look at these 3: Steve Wilks, Dave Toub and Mike Vrabel.

Sounds like Patricia is pretty much a lock for Detroit.

There's still a hood group out there. McDaniels seemed like the favorite cuz of the JRob connections, but there are serious concerns. Shurmur may have been a better fit, but seems like he's gone too.

I really like Vrabel as I started looking into him... Shared those articles and there's more. He's the type of guy who could do some great things... Could be an ideal fit with our lockerrom and FO.

Sumlin and Defillipo would have been great pairings, but Sumlin is no longer an option.

Carmichael, Reich/Defilipo, Toub... Still very excited about the possibilities.

Just now, ragevsuall17 said:

There's still a hood group out there. McDaniels seemed like the favorite cuz of the JRob connections, but there are serious concerns. Shurmur may have been a better fit, but seems like he's gone too.

I really like Vrabel as I started looking into him... Shared those articles and there's more. He's the type of guy who could do some great things... Could be an ideal fit with our lockerrom and FO.

Sumlin and Defillipo would have been great pairings, but Sumlin is no longer an option.

Carmichael, Reich/Defilipo, Toub... Still very excited about the possibilities.

I think McDaniels and Shumur are off the board. 
Vrabel and Wilks are my favorites right now. 
I'm excited to see who else pops up. I'm sure there will be at least 1 guy that we all will go NOOOOOOOO...