Nacho Simulation Football League (S15 - Taco Bowl XV POSTED!)

TheKillerNacho

1 minute ago, Gmen4ev said:
23 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Didn't ya know that old players are about to die and aren't worth the trouble?

Shoot, Suggs has been on my team and a keeper since Season 7. Half the league's duration, and he's still chugging along like a boss.

Also called a 95 year old OT keeper worthy 

I don't have a problem with an older player (as long as they are still balling), but you can't claim one guy isn't worth a keeper and turn around and claim the next guy was worth a package deal of a 1st and 2nd and is keeper quality when he's got virtually the same exact qualifications, but with a much more extensive injury history.

49 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Player A: Missed 9 games last season, 11 over past 3 years
S15: 6 pancakes, 1 sack allowed, 2 stuffs allowed.
S14: 10 pancakes, 8 sacks allowed, 9 stuffs allowed, 1 recovery.
S13: 16 pancakes, 9 sacks allowed, 2 stuffs allowed.

Player B: Missed 1 game last season, 1 over past 3 years
S15: 8 pancakes, 3 sacks allowed, 5 stuffs allowed.
S14: 22 pancakes, 8 sacks allowed, 8 stuffs allowed.
S13: 17 pancakes, 6 sacks allowed, 6 stuffs allowed

Difference in age? 1 month. Given that one player has had several severe injuries throughout his career and the other has not, I just want to call BS on the fact that you can claim one is keeper worthy after you complete a trade, yet in discussions for the other you claim you 'most certainly' wouldn't be keeping this player.

Yeah, you wanted a ton for him lol

14 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Didn't the Saints have Tyron Smith? Stinks that they chose to stick with Joe Thomas and now he's going to be gone after this season.

I mean.. they got Watson lol

Also Tyron was a shell of himself this year. Battling injuries all season long. I'd gladly give up an elite OT for an incredibly promising Franchise Qb with an elite WR in Nuk

4 minutes ago, Gmen4ev said:
20 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Didn't the Saints have Tyron Smith? Stinks that they chose to stick with Joe Thomas and now he's going to be gone after this season.

I mean.. they got Watson lol

...yeah forgot about that.

6 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Yeah, you wanted a ton for him lol

Our first decision a few weeks back I said I would want a first for either player (back when it was 12+ games left). Your response was you didn't feel you could give up a first with the upcoming rookie class.

The second discussion, you offered me a 1st (from NEXT year) and 5th for two players. I'll let that speak for itself.

And finally, I'll leave this conversation with a final quote:

I can't see <player> playing two more seasons, and the issue with the age is at some point these guys just wont be good anymore...Age 36 seasons seems like a reasonable time, so if <player> goes out and has a very poor year next season he won't be a good player in the sim anymore.*

*Note: Apparently not applicable to Jason Peters

Just now, El ramster said:

If Nacho was a troll he should have posted, Week 11 posted without actually posting it.

Posted week 11 but all teams tied 

34 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I don't have a problem with an older player (as long as they are still balling), but you can't claim one guy isn't worth a keeper and turn around and claim the next guy was worth a package deal of a 1st and 2nd and is keeper quality when he's got virtually the same exact qualifications, but with a much more extensive injury history.

You wanted a 2nd alone for Whitworth. I got a similar OT, plus a top end safety and C for an additional 1st. I don't see how you of all people don't understand the move I made based on where you valued Whiteworth.

1 hour ago, MookieMonster said:
1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

You wanted a 2nd alone for Whitworth. I got a similar OT, plus a top end safety and C for an additional 1st. I don't see how you of all people don't understand the move I made based on where you valued Whiteworth.

So what you are saying is that you agree that you've paid roughly the same price that I had placed in terms of value? lol.

All good brother. Will be a good race to the end of the season, see if this pays off.

5 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

So what you are saying is that you agree that you've paid roughly the same price that I had placed in terms of value? lol.

All good brother. Will be a good race to the end of the season, see if this pays off.

No, because I think a top 5 S and top 5 C are worth more than a 1st.

Yes it will. Sucks that I got RNGed hard to start the year because I feel like my team way underperformed the first 4 weeks.

1 minute ago, MookieMonster said:

No, because I think a top 5 S and top 5 C are worth more than a 1st.

Yes it will. Sucks that I got RNGed hard to start the year because I feel like my team way underperformed the first 4 weeks.

5 may be pushing it for Jenkins. Certainly has the skill, but was not top 5 last year imo.