Nacho Simulation Football League (S15 - Taco Bowl XV POSTED!)

TheKillerNacho

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

To avoid people putting Aaron Rodgers at fullback when they know their season is over.

That's why I'm saying they need to play all 16 games for the rule to take effect. Not just 9 games.

If anyone put a qb at fb I think you could just veto it. 

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

To avoid people putting Aaron Rodgers at fullback for 9 games when they start 1-6 or something.

Less extreme example, moving DEs to DT, etc. Basically the thought process is, if you tag a player at that price, their price doesn't go down. You "paid" them. Even if you force them to play a different position, they want to be paid like they were.

going back to the previous example, if the Packers decide to move Aaron Rodgers to fullback, do you really think he'd take less money because of that?

Yeah that makes sense I suppose. I agree with Gmen though that if you make a defensive switch or something the tags should be adjusted.

3 minutes ago, Gmen4ev said:

That's why I'm saying they need to play all 16 games for the rule to take effect. Not just 9 games.

If anyone put a qb at fb I think you could just veto it. 

Well yeah but then you had a particular user not too long ago try to tank from the beginning of the season.

*shrug*

So I pay three tags for Watt because he played 4/3 DE. If I move him to DT and play him there all 16 games, can he become two tags to keep the following off-season? I paid the three tags. Now he's at a two tag position, which he played at for 16 games.

I think that's essentially the question.

1 minute ago, MookieMonster said:

Oh...Yeah I don't like that rule at all. Whats the thought process behind it?

I start 1-6, so now I move my DEs to DT, a DT to the bench, my top 2 WRs to the bench, my top QB to the bench, my CB to Safety, and my RB to FB.

I can now tag a QB (1) a RB (1) 2 WRs (2), 2 DEs (4), a DT (1) 2 CBs (4) and 2 Ss (4) for 17 tags. Trade the extra 3 tags for a first and suddenly I’m stacked with resources.

Certain (former) members were doing crap like this and Nacho implemented rules to prevent it. Rather than making judgement calls, he just made a sweeping rule.

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

So I pay three tags for Watt because he played 4/3 DE. If I move him to DT and play him there all 16 games, can he become two tags to keep the following off-season? I paid the three tags. Now he's at a two tag position, which he played at for 16 games.

I think that's essentially the question.

He's still 3 under the current ruleset. Once a player is kept for X tags, they must continue be kept for at least X tags. The only way to remove this distinction is for them to not be tagged which makes them re-enter the draft.

Rather than requiring 16 games, can we get a competition committee together with at least one team from each division and vote on certain situations like this?

Every offseason, you can bring one single situation up to the committee, present your case and let them vote on whether you should get a tag reduction based on the situation and intent.

I know the rules were put in place to make judgement calls non-existent and to make sure everyone had exact rules to follow. I just think sometimes it’s too strict.