Should we switch to a 3/4 defense? LeBeau available

bucsfan333

Now that the season is over and we have FA and the draft coming up, should we make the switch? We'll have a ton of guys we can bring in to make the transition. But should we? Trevor seems to think so. But I'm not so sure.

We don't necessarily have to start the transition with Vea. What do you think?

I have a hard time believing both Lavonte and Kwon can hold up inside.  I like Vea and believe he will be effective in a 4-3 also.  I do think Payne has a higher upside.  Beckwith could go inside, but I dont see this organization making a bold move and moving one of the LBs.  

DT is very much a need position to say the least.

15 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I like the idea that a 3/4 would maximize the output/skillset of guys like Spence and Gholston. But I think Kwon and David would get eaten alive in the middle. And I think putting Beck at OLB and having him rush would be a waste.

i think Beck and Kwon would be great inside linebackers in a 3-4

David would be the one playing on the outside, and he's had success rushing  so  id be for it

gholston would be a DE McCoy would be a DE and we would just need a NT

30 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

i think Beck and Kwon would be great inside linebackers in a 3-4

David would be the one playing on the outside, and he's had success rushing  so  id be for it

gholston would be a DE McCoy would be a DE and we would just need a NT

David is good at blitzing. He'd be awful as a full time rusher. Folks say Spence is undersized... Yeesh.

On 1/17/2018 at 12:41 PM, bucsfan333 said:

I like the idea that a 3/4 would maximize the output/skillset of guys like Spence and Gholston. But I think Kwon and David would get eaten alive in the middle. And I think putting Beck at OLB and having him rush would be a waste.

I wouldn't even count on him being around in 2019. He's a very good cut candidate to save some money for new FA/draft pick allotted money...

Honestly, I'm not a fan of switching the defense unless we plan to rebuild. It's not a simple 1 year transition more often than not. There are exceptions though...

I don't think some of our better assets (i.e. Lavonte David specifically) would thrive in this.

I say keep the 4-3 and just focus on upgrading the overall D talent we put on the field...

I’m fine either way but saying there will be issues if we ever switch is true but could it be any worse than the 4-3 we played this season? 

With the amount of cap we have bring in guys that have played the 3-4. I don’t think it would take as long as one might think to transition.

On 1/22/2018 at 1:50 PM, ravishingone said:

If this switch would happen I would prefer James Bettcher if he becomes available with the coaching change in Arizona.  They have had success with Deone Buccanon playing an under sized LB role in a 3-4. 

Everyone you want goes somewhere else. icon_lol.gif

Archived