NFL News & Notes

Leader

ST. JOSEPH, Mo. -- Defensive tackle Chris Jones did not report for the start of Kansas City Chiefs training camp, and the sides are "far apart" on reaching an agreement on a new contract, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Saturday.

Jones has one year left on the four-year, $80 million contract that he signed in 2020, which made him the ninth-highest-paid defensive tackle in the league in terms of average salary.

Any chance this leads to a trade?

1 hour ago, Brat&Beer said:

Any chance this leads to a trade?

Great question! My guess would be no since they are clearly in the Super Bowl window. A new deal could lover his cap number this year as his salary is 19.5 which would turn into some bonus money and spread out over the life of the contract.

He's 29 years old so I get him not wanting to play the last year of his deal when this is his last big payday.

I'll guess they work it out. 

Minnesota Vikings receiver Jordan Addison said he was driving 140 mph last week because his dog was having an emergency at home, according to a citation filed Monday with the Ramsey County District Court and reviewed by ESPN.

The updated citation included misdemeanor charges for speeding and reckless driving. A description of the incident issued by the Minnesota State Patrol notes that Addison "stated his dog was having an emergency at his residence and that was the reason for his speed."

A ruff way to start your pro career.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Not many bold calls in these predictions only 1 13 team win team and it’s the Bills? There were 5 last year(Chiefs and Eagles were both 14).

I think they took the safe road so there will be a lot of close to accurate picks but least accurate?

Disclaimer, I looked like a big idiot last year with my picks so there there’s history that each of these is terribly wrong.

Browns finish 5-12

New England bottoms out and goes 4-13

Saints go 13-4

Cowboys 13-4

Eagles go 8-9, SB hangover is real and they’re replacing half their defense including their top 5 tacklers.

Rams go 4-9 and think they’re battling the Cardinals and Patriots for the #1 pick.

that pick goes to the 2-15 Tampa Bay Creamsicles!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheGreatZepp said:

Not many bold calls in these predictions only 1 13 team win team and it’s the Bills? There were 5 last year(Chiefs and Eagles were both 14).

I think they took the safe road so there will be a lot of close to accurate picks but least accurate?

Disclaimer, I looked like a big idiot last year with my picks so there there’s history that each of these is terribly wrong.

Browns finish 5-12

New England bottoms out and goes 4-13

Saints go 13-4

Cowboys 13-4

Eagles go 8-9, SB hangover is real and they’re replacing half their defense including their top 5 tacklers.

Rams go 4-9 and think they’re battling the Cardinals and Patriots for the #1 pick.

that pick goes to the 2-15 Tampa Bay Creamsicles!

Why do the Rams only get to play 13 games this year?

4 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

TheGreatZepp predicted the Rams to go 4-9. I'm presuming he meant 4-13. Those little typos can get you.

A little typo is mixing up letters or leaving a letter out. The 9 is nowhere near the 1 or the 3 on the keyboard. 

It was an innocent brain fart which I was ribbing him over.