NFL News & Notes

Leader

15 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Doubt the Pats would trade #3 they need a QB just as bad.  Top 3 picks will all be QB's.  It's gotta be AZ or the Chargers.  Penix, Nix, and McCarthey will be left.  Heard rumblings that it was the Giants but they need a QB also.  It's going to be a wild draft this year. 

Growing up in New England, I stopped trying to figure out what the Pat's are gonna do a long time ago. 

Might be that the Pat's only like one of Maye or Daniels, and would take two firsts + while still drafting Penix or sticking with Brissett for a year if the wrong player falls to them. 

5 hours ago, Sandy said:

Growing up in New England, I stopped trying to figure out what the Pat's are gonna do a long time ago. 

Might be that the Pat's only like one of Maye or Daniels, and would take two firsts + while still drafting Penix or sticking with Brissett for a year if the wrong player falls to them. 

Being Wolf’s team now, you can claim to be the resident expert at what the Pats will do at every party as they build a GB East franchise. Joking of course but things should get more predictable without BB’s cantankerous *** steering the ship. I think that guy would draft a long snapper in the 5th just to troll the talking heads and to flex on ownership. 

Edited by Refugee

1 hour ago, Leader said:

My sentiments exactly....

Why would you even want to play in Pittsburgh though? The Steelers offense sucks compared to the Eagles. Like it's not even close. Teams have already seen him there. Arthur Smith is the new OC and he was a punchline for how he coached in ATL. It's a really bad situation for a QB in my opinion.

Hurts is a running QB who missed a couple games the last two years. You have an exponentially better chance of looking good in Philadelphia this year if you play even if you're somewhat less likely to play. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Why would you even want to play in Pittsburgh though? The Steelers offense sucks compared to the Eagles. Like it's not even close. Teams have already seen him there. Arthur Smith is the new OC and he was a punchline for how he coached in ATL. It's a really bad situation for a QB in my opinion.

Hurts is a running QB who missed a couple games the last two years. You have an exponentially better chance of looking good in Philadelphia this year if you play even if you're somewhat less likely to play. 

The point about Hurts and potential injury is a good one.

Last year could be the foreshadowing of future down time. Even still, he played with all those nicks and cuts. No downtime. Zero. The two years prior: no downtime. Zero.

Pickett's got two more years before his 5th year option shows up. At this stage - it's not happening.
You want to get on that starting QB salary gravy train? You'd better be starting - which is the point I've been making (outside of Pickett throwing the ball badly...) - he stands a better shot (IMO) of seeing the field in Pittsburgh than he does backing up Hurt. 

Edited by Leader

6 hours ago, Refugee said:

Being Wolf’s team now, you can claim to be the resident expert at what the Pats will do at every party as they build a GB East franchise. Joking of course but things should get more predictable without BB’s cantankerous *** steering the ship. I think that guy would draft a long snapper in the 5th just to troll the talking heads and to flex on ownership. 

Sadly it's not Wolf's team yet either. Kraft is a bad owner who's gotten worse. You can bet he's calling the shots. 

Don't live there anymore though, mostly just hear this from old friends.

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

The point about Hurts and potential injury is a good one.

Last year could be the foreshadowing of future down time. Even still, he played with all those nicks and cuts. No downtime. Zero. The two years prior: no downtime. Zero.

Pickett's got two more years before his 5th year option shows up. At this stage - it's not happening.
You want to get on that starting QB salary gravy train? You'd better be starting - which is the point I've been making (outside of Pickett throwing the ball badly...) - he stands a better shot (IMO) of seeing the field in Pittsburgh than he does backing up Hurt. 

We'll agree to disagree. 

I just think there's about a near zero percent chance Pickett looks good in that Pittsburgh offense the next two years. Heck if you put Mahomes in that offense I'm not sure it'seven a top ten offense and Pickett is obviously no Mahomes. 

IF Pickett in gets any playing time for Philly he has a chance to fool some other team into thinking he's starting caliber because of the talent surrounding him carrying him. 

If his only goal was to earn a starting role the next couple of years, sure Pitt is the place. If his goal is to actually look good at any point the next couple years Philly is.

Just now, wgbeethree said:

We'll agree to disagree. 

I just think there's about a near zero percent chance Pickett looks good in that Pittsburgh offense the next two years. Heck if you put Mahomes in that offense I'm not sure it'seven a top ten offense and Pickett is obviously no Mahomes. 

IF Pickett in gets any playing time for Philly he has a chance to fool some other team into thinking he's starting caliber because of the talent surrounding him carrying him. 

If his only goal was to earn a starting role the next couple of years, sure Pitt is the place. If his goal is to actually look good at any point the next couple years Philly is.

I've already exceeded my limit on thinking about Kenny Pickett...no less commenting about him.
I actually dont care what happens with him. So there :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

I've already exceeded my limit on thinking about Kenny Pickett...no less commenting about him.
I actually dont care what happens with him. So there :)

I'll just thow out that in basketball and baseball being mediocre and playing a lot on a bad team makes you look better. In football it does the opposite.

You put an 18 point a game player from the Bucks on Washington and he's suddenly the best option and gets to shoot 6 more times a game and he's now a 24 points a game guy. You put the 18 HR Dodgers 7 hole hitter on the Rockies and suddenly he's hitting in the 3 hole and he's getting 100 extra at bats and free to swing away and he's a 24 HR guy. You put a mediocre QB on a bad offense and he's toast. 

7 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

RFK imagined how much Counting Crows he’d have to listen to in the presidential limo 

My sources are telling me that their contacts saw aaron talking to woody at la guardia and he told him to get an OL or he is running for vp