NFL News & Notes

Leader

22 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Xaiver McKinney doesn't belong? Clark? Gary? This is based on projecting what they will do, not what they've done.

Zach Tom should be on the list as well. 

Give it a year for Tom.  He started one year.  And he was good, he just needs a little longevity to cement his spot.

Clark is what he is, and that is a very good player.  I'd probably have him on the list.

Gary?  Nope.  Don't get me wrong, I like him, he was a fine pick, but there are many other EDGE guys who have been far and away better statistically.  But Gary's time will come.

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

Give it a year for Tom.  He started one year.  And he was good, he just needs a little longevity to cement his spot.

Clark is what he is, and that is a very good player.  I'd probably have him on the list.

Gary?  Nope.  Don't get me wrong, I like him, he was a fine pick, but there are many other EDGE guys who have been far and away better statistically.  But Gary's time will come.

This list is based on forward looking potential not backward looking. 

9 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

This list is based on forward looking potential not backward looking. 

Forward looking based on historical play, right?  I don't think you can debate Clark, he belongs.

The other two, Tom and Gary, are very debatable.  Wouldn't fight anyone over how they felt about them.  

Of the two, Tom to me showed better in his one year of play than Gary has over his multiple years, just due to development and then the injury.  But Gary could easily blow up.  Whereas the other EDGE guys have done it at a higher level for a few years now.  

Tom, though, played really well in year one.  I'd probably argue him over Gary if I had to make the choice to narrow it down to only one of them making the list.

16 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Forward looking based on historical play, right?  I don't think you can debate Clark, he belongs.

The other two, Tom and Gary, are very debatable.  Wouldn't fight anyone over how they felt about them.  

Of the two, Tom to me showed better in his one year of play than Gary has over his multiple years, just due to development and then the injury.  But Gary could easily blow up.  Whereas the other EDGE guys have done it at a higher level for a few years now.  

Tom, though, played really well in year one.  I'd probably argue him over Gary if I had to make the choice to narrow it down to only one of them making the list.

Jalen Carter? Derek Stingley Jr? Christian Darrisaw? Derwin James Jr.? He was terrible last year. Michael Pittman Jr.? Hasson Reddick? Not even sure he's going to play this year. LOL

Rashawn Slater - "Slater finished 127th in pass block win rate (87.3%) and 36th in run block win rate (75.6%) last season." He's not even top 100 on the offensive line based on this. 

Matthew Judon? Jalen Ramsey? Both of these guys do not belong. Ramsay was bad last year. Judon missed 13 games with a torn bicep and is 32. 

On the other side of things, Aaron Rodgers LIVED in the top 10. He misses a year and he's suddenly 41? Seems too big of a dip. 

I could continue but won't. 

Edited by Old Guy

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Always been a sum of the parts.

I think a significant number of this is fantasy brain too, since look at how many TEs are on the list.  How many teams actually have a tight end or a running back contribute more to their success than an OL or a DL?

9 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I think a significant number of this is fantasy brain too, since look at how many TEs are on the list.  How many teams actually have a tight end or a running back contribute more to their success than an OL or a DL?

The other part of that is OL especially, success is contingent upon the unit being in sync. It much harder to those evaluations to always be accurate. 

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Jalen Carter? Derek Stingley Jr? Christian Darrisaw? Derwin James Jr.? He was terrible last year. Michael Pittman Jr.? Hasson Reddick? Not even sure he's going to play this year. LOL

Rashawn Slater - "Slater finished 127th in pass block win rate (87.3%) and 36th in run block win rate (75.6%) last season." He's not even top 100 on the offensive line based on this. 

Matthew Judon? Jalen Ramsey? Both of these guys do not belong. Ramsay was bad last year. Judon missed 13 games with a torn bicep and is 32. 

On the other side of things, Aaron Rodgers LIVED in the top 10. He misses a year and he's suddenly 41? Seems too big of a dip. 

I could continue but won't. 

So you are mad because somebody made some hypothetic list on the internet and a few of ours didn't?  Got it.

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

So you are mad because somebody made some hypothetic list on the internet and a few of ours didn't?  Got it.

Mad? LOL

Just pointing out some facts that make your previous point invalid. I think I got under your skin a little. 

12 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Mad? LOL

Just pointing out some facts that make your previous point invalid. I think I got under your skin a little. 

Not in the least.

I've enjoyed seeing you double down over and over on a few topics.

You just keep proving it every time.  

Edited by vegas492