Howie Roseman is the PFWA Executive of the Year

EaglesPeteC

He 100% deserves this over anyone else.  It definitely wasn't all him, as I imagine Joe Douglas had a significant hand in this past off-season, but what Howie has gone through is remarkable.

Dude finally gets the GM role only to have it yanked away by Chip Kelly. Gets demoted into a broom closet instead of an office. Who would have blamed him had he decided he wanted to go elsewhere after that debacle?  

But nope! He endured. 

And, I don't have a specific article to back this up, but I read in a ringer.com article that when that happened, Lurie had Howie travel from team to team studying the league or something. And this same article also mentioned that every year, Howie takes the final four teams,  studies and dissects them, to help understand how to win in the NFL. 

10 hours ago, BAConrad said:

He 100% deserves this over anyone else.  It definitely wasn't all him, as I imagine Joe Douglas had a significant hand in this past off-season, but what Howie has gone through is remarkable.

Dude finally gets the GM role only to have it yanked away by Chip Kelly. Gets demoted into a broom closet instead of an office. Who would have blamed him had he decided he wanted to go elsewhere after that debacle?  

But nope! He endured. 

And, I don't have a specific article to back this up, but I read in a ringer.com article that when that happened, Lurie had Howie travel from team to team studying the league or something. And this same article also mentioned that every year, Howie takes the final four teams,  studies and dissects them, to help understand how to win in the NFL. 

he took the year off to research all successful sports franchise not just nfl ones. 

Archived