If it ends up being Patriots-Eagles...

pf9

16 hours ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Eagles are the better team, but do they win? I don't know. It is going to come down to the mind, where NE beats teams.

Doug's got some of the biggest cajones all year.  He won't be afraid to go toe-to-toe with Billy B.

And our D-line is 6/7 deep that keep rotating fresh.  It's gonna be a long night for Tommy boy.

2 minutes ago, jonu62882 said:

Doug's got some of the biggest cajones all year.  He won't be afraid to go toe-to-toe with Billy B.

And our D-line is 6/7 deep that keep rotating fresh.  It's gonna be a long night for Tommy boy.

It's more likely that it is going to be a long night for your secondary. 

1 minute ago, renndawg37 said:

It's more likely that it is going to be a long night for your secondary. 

Titans fan rooting for the Pats.  Interesting. 

Listen, let Tom dink and dunk.  I'll take that.  If he tries longer passes, our nasty, ferocious D will get to him.  It'll be like the Giants '07 all over again.

Fletcher Cox, Tim Jernigan, Brandon Graham, Chris Long, Vinny Curry, Derek Barnett...The Eagles have the highest pressure rating, if I'm not mistaken.  Then you have our O-line, who have been pretty good all year.  The guys in the trenches on both sides have been taking care of business, and I don't expect it to change just because it's the Pats.

Nick Foles has had a 100 passer rating in all of his playoff games.  If he can continue, I think the Eagles can pull off the upset here.

7 minutes ago, jonu62882 said:

Listen, let Tom dink and dunk.  I'll take that.  If he tries longer passes, our nasty, ferocious D will get to him.  It'll be like the Giants '07 all over again.

Fletcher Cox, Tim Jernigan, Brandon Graham, Chris Long, Vinny Curry, Derek Barnett...The Eagles have the highest pressure rating, if I'm not mistaken.  Then you have our O-line, who have been pretty good all year.  The guys in the trenches on both sides have been taking care of business, and I don't expect it to change just because it's the Pats.

Nick Foles has had a 100 passer rating in all of his playoff games.  If he can continue, I think the Eagles can pull off the upset here.

I like the confidence

45 minutes ago, mcmurtry86 said:

Have you watched the Pats at all this year? Their D isn't very good and they start pitifully slow on offense. A "big" win for the Pats is probably 27-17

i know their defense is abysmal, but belichick will confuse foles like crazy. Napoleon Dynamite is not that good

15 minutes ago, jonu62882 said:

Who said I was rooting for the Pats? I call it like I see it. 

4 minutes ago, Plat2 said:

I like the confidence

Did you see our team against the Vikings and the supposed #1 D?!  I mean, wouldn't you?  Look what this team has overcome all year long (the injuries to major stars - Sproles, Peters, Hicks, Wentz, etc.) Our coach will go for it on 4th down or throw bombs or trick plays at any moment whether we're up or down.  He's got some of the biggest cajones, and almost always it has worked out.  He trusts the guys to execute out there, and they trust him.  The players play hard for him.  Look at how many players put their bodies on the line to get that extra yard or first down.  Darby on the INT return threw his body out there for the final lead block on the Patrick Robinson return and he got wrecked by whomever that Viking players was, but that sacrifice allowed P-Rob to score.  From that play, it changed the course of the game and it was complete domination after that. 

After watching them overcome all the adversity all year long, it just feels different this time.

10 minutes ago, chargerbuckeye said:

i know their defense is abysmal, but belichick will confuse foles like crazy. Napoleon Dynamite is not that good

72/96, 793 yards, 5 TDs, 0 INTs, 116.4 passer rating.  Not good, hmm....

That 116.4 passer rating is the best in NFL history for any quarterback with at least 75 postseason passes. The quarterback whose passer rating record Foles broke, Jeff Hostetler, had a similar story to Foles: He was a backup who became a starter late in the regular season, and then in the postseason, for the Giants when starter Phil Simms got hurt in 1990.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nick-foles-historically-great-postseason-171423363.html

9 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

Just like Jacksonville did, right? 

Jags were in that game all the way to the very end. I am not saying it will be a cakewalk, but if we can get pressure on Brady and force him to throw underneath the advantage we have is our D stops the run better then any defense in the NFL. They won't have an easy time scoring in the RZ with Lewis and Co. 

You are right that our secondary needs to step up this game or it could be ugly, but I do think that our defense will at least have the ability to keep us in the game either way. I am more worried about what BB draws up for Foles on defense, that is how you beat this Eagles team.

14 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

Just like Jacksonville did, right? 

Jacksonsville also let up in the 1st half with a minute left.  They were inexperienced, got soft, and were happy to just be there.

Big Balls Doug with 29 seconds left before the half (despite being up 21-7) stayed aggressive and wanted MOAR PTS.  He didn't just kneel it like the Jags and walk away.  A couple of plays later, and we nail a FG by the phenom FG-kicking machine Jake Elliot to go up 24-7.  From, there we just pile it on even more.  DougieP goes for the jugular.  He don't care whether you have funeral arrangements or not.

That's where the difference lies.  We are not Jacksonville.

22 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

Who said I was rooting for the Pats? I call it like I see it. 

Well, you call it like you're rooting for the Pats.  Our team has been a great team all year long.  You're acting as if it's game over and we shouldn't even show up.

1 hour ago, mcmurtry86 said:

Have you watched the Pats at all this year? Their D isn't very good and they start pitifully slow on offense. A "big" win for the Pats is probably 27-17

23 minutes ago, chargerbuckeye said:

WTF have you guys been watching? WTF did I just read?

tumblr_olnecfjGhR1rfd7lko1_500.gif

3 minutes ago, Carmen Cygni said:

Belichick was a big inspiration into how Schwartz plays defense. I can't wait to see how he attacks the Eagles D.

Oh hai.  You're just the person I was looking for.  I think it was you who said a Schwartz-led defense would fail in the playoffs.  17 pts given up in 2 games, and now we're in the Big Show.  It's okay to be wrong, it happens.

Archived