Free Agent RBs

Just Want A Title

I'm not saying Green should totally stay based on simply RB production. He's nothing special, to be sure. But as a UDFA-priced fourth back, who gets nearly all of his PT on special teams and runs hard if he ever gets the ball, well at least that's a defined role that he can maybe be good in.

It's just as likely, I guess, that the new staff could bring in another UDFA next year who's just as good in that role. But in the meantime, Green seems like more of a fit than Abdullah or Zenner are for whatever roles they're trying to fill.

• here's another thought instead of a FA rb what if Saquon Barkley drops to like 10-12th ish in the draft. he is prob the best back in the draft why not trade up and take him?
  • *  I think hes going be better then Zeke and it looks like Zeke is a franchise back if he cuts out the non-sense
  • * Barkley can  run up the middle and be Staffords blanket and if we have him the next 10 yrs he could be LaDainian Tomlinson light.

IN Fa we franchise Ziggy, bring in Butler and get another DE.

13 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:
  • here's another thought instead of a FA rb what if Saquon Barkley drops to like 10-12th ish in the draft. he is prob the best back in the draft why not trade up and take him?
  • *  I think hes going be better then Zeke and it looks like Zeke is a franchise back if he cuts out the non-sense
  • * Barkley can  run up the middle and be Staffords blanket and if we have him the next 10 yrs he could be LaDainian Tomlinson light.

IN Fa we franchise Ziggy, bring in Butler and get another DE.

Depending on the cost, I wouldn't hate it. However I have to imagine there are a bunch of teams that would be able to offer A LOT more than we could for a guy that is like Zeke. The only 1st round RB I can see us taking is Barkley.

37 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

I'm not saying Green should totally stay based on simply RB production. He's nothing special, to be sure. But as a UDFA-priced fourth back, who gets nearly all of his PT on special teams and runs hard if he ever gets the ball, well at least that's a defined role that he can maybe be good in.

It's just as likely, I guess, that the new staff could bring in another UDFA next year who's just as good in that role. But in the meantime, Green seems like more of a fit than Abdullah or Zenner are for whatever roles they're trying to fill.

Agreed on all of this.

38 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Depending on the cost, I wouldn't hate it. However I have to imagine there are a bunch of teams that would be able to offer A LOT more than we could for a guy that is like Zeke. The only 1st round RB I can see us taking is Barkley.

I was saying Barkley could be our Zeke but better, I was saying Zeke looks like a franchise back. and Barkley could be that for us... also im only saying do it if Barkley is dropping in the 10th-12 pick range.

Just now, flyguy1609 said:

I was saying Barkley could be our Zeke but better, I was saying Zeke looks like a franchise back. and Barkley could be that for us... also im only saying do it if Barkley is dropping in the 10th-12 pick range.

I got all of that. Which is why I said that IF he dropped to 12, I wouldn't hate it if Quinn jumped up to get him based on the cost. He seems to be as good if not better than Zeke. I would LOVE to have Barkley on our roster. I just don't know if he would be worth multiple 1st round picks and emptying out our draft stock. If all it took was #20 and Ansah, I would gladly pull the trigger. I just don't think we'll be that lucky.

51 minutes ago, GetDownandDirty said:

I found this article interesting. If we waited till later in the draft and picked up Penny as a  RB, this could be interesting. Picking up his Fullback & lead blocker in college. Converted QB, can catch the ball & still throw. Predicted to be undrafted.

https://apple.news/ADtL0b-_dRoerE-FqSncPHg

I wouldn't mind giving that fullback a try

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2018 at 4:22 PM, Karnage84 said:

I got all of that. Which is why I said that IF he dropped to 12, I wouldn't hate it if Quinn jumped up to get him based on the cost. He seems to be as good if not better than Zeke. I would LOVE to have Barkley on our roster. I just don't know if he would be worth multiple 1st round picks and emptying out our draft stock. If all it took was #20 and Ansah, I would gladly pull the trigger. I just don't think we'll be that lucky.

I am actually not all that impressed by Barkley. I mean he is good but I dont see ELITE. I actually like Sony Michel and Darrius Guice almost as much. I would not be thrilled if we traded up for Barkley.

On 1/27/2018 at 1:36 PM, Rockcity2 said:

I wouldn't mind giving that fullback a try

I actually want to see Zach Zenner at FB. The guy is good in pass protection, can run hard up the middle, block, and has great hands. I see him in the mold of Kyle Juzchek out in SF and former Raven.

5 minutes ago, BZski said:

I actually want to see Zach Zenner at FB. The guy is good in pass protection, can run hard up the middle, block, and has great hands. I see him in the mold of Kyle Juzchek out in SF and former Raven.

Zz is a good blocker? I can remember he about got Stafford killed a couple times... I kinda figured that was why he wasn't playing...

6 minutes ago, Rockcity2 said:

Zz is a good blocker? I can remember he about got Stafford killed a couple times... I kinda figured that was why he wasn't playing...

He has gotten a lot better. He missed one block where Stafford hurt his finger and a lot of Lions fans feel the need to call him the worst PB in history because of it. They ignore the fact that he was really, really good this past season at it.

Archived