TCMD Discussion!!

EaglesPeteC

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

At this point, since it's something that can still be updated (given that FA has not started), I'd say he's a UFA. Cincinnati still has plenty of time to adjust to this in free agency and the draft and I LIke keeping it as close to real as possible (though we all know it will never be perfect in that regard) . 

I agree with this

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

At this point, since it's something that can still be updated (given that FA has not started), I'd say he's a UFA. Cincinnati still has plenty of time to adjust to this in free agency and the draft and I LIke keeping it as close to real as possible (though we all know it will never be perfect in that regard) . 

He's not on Cincy roster or on the UFA list.

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

I agree. McCarron probably shouldn't have won but did and OTC will update soon, moving him to UFA. 

4 minutes ago, BringinDaPain said:

He's not on Cincy roster or on the UFA list.

At the moment he's on our roster as an RFA since that's what the league and therefore OTC had him classified as. With his grievance win, he'll become UFA and Bengals will get a comp pick in 2019 if someone else signs him. 

11 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

QB's I'd take over Cousins

Brady - situationally, not on a team that is more than a QB away

Big Ben - same as Brady

DeShaun Watson - health

Luck (assuming health) - health

Alex Smith - false

Rivers - Cousins is essentially equal but 29 years old

Derek Carr - sure

Brees - same as Brady 

Cam - sure

Ryan - similar to Cousins 

Russell Wilson - sure

Jimmy G - similar to Cousins but less experience 

Goff - no 

Stafford - similar to Cousins 

Rodgers - obviously, but also health

Wentz - sure but health

Foles - no

Edited in my opinions and Cousins sneaks in around 12 for asset at QB to build a team around. Some health guys above him, but it's sort of a Bradford or Dalton type debate of who you'd rather with some.

edit: for example if the Browns traded the for Brady I wouldn't consider that an upgrade over signing Cousins. Same with a number of other QBs listed. (I would think the NE GM was nuts though)

2 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Edited in my opinions and Cousins sneaks in around 12 for asset at QB to build a team around. Some health guys above him, but it's sort of a Bradford or Dalton type debate of who you'd rather with some.

What has Kirk Cousins done that makes him unequivocally better than Nick Foles?

23 minutes ago, Forge said:

This. Right on Forge, I agree, make him a UFA if he isn't already.

6 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

What has Kirk Cousins done that makes him unequivocally better than Nick Foles?

What has Dan Marino done that makes him unequivocally better than Foles? Just bringing this up to show how this question is unanswerable. You will rate his 2013 miracle year (and destruction of Oakland) along with his recent SB win over any accomplishments of Cousins. What Cousins hasn't done is fail. Cousins has had consistent production and availability since replacing RG3. He has high 20s TDs and low teens INT with a ~65% completion percentage. He lost Desean Garçon and essentially Reed and still produced. His protection and run support have been subpar and he's carried a franchise, where Foles utterly failed for the Rams.

3 minutes ago, Trojan said:

What has Dan Marino done that makes him unequivocally better than Foles? Just bringing this up to show how this question is unanswerable. You will rate his 2013 miracle year (and destruction of Oakland) along with his recent SB win over any accomplishments of Cousins. What Cousins hasn't done is fail. Cousins has had consistent production and availability since replacing RG3. He has high 20s TDs and low teens INT with a ~65% completion percentage. He lost Desean Garçon and essentially Reed and still produced. His protection and run support have been subpar and he's carried a franchise, where Foles utterly failed for the Rams.

But where have those teams gone?

9-7

8-7-1

7-9

Worse every year he is a starter. Foles has proven he can have dominating numbers AND pull through on the biggest stages. So you rather have middle of the road Kirk for the sole reason that Jeff Fisher has no idea how to develop a QB? Look at every QB who was trash under Fisher but looked great this year. 

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

But where have those teams gone?

9-7

8-7-1

7-9

Worse every year he is a starter. Foles has proven he can have dominating numbers AND pull through on the biggest stages. So you rather have middle of the road Kirk for the sole reason that Jeff Fisher has no idea how to develop a QB? Look at every QB who was trash under Fisher but looked great this year. 

Team success =\= player success

are you pretending Foles on the injury riddled Redskins would have won the super bowl or even made the playoffs last year?

Archived