Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

10 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Early returns have far exceeded expectations. It's almost like this front office knows what it's doing...

oh c'mon, that can't be right. choose from the following below:

a) we're Viking fans and the team is cursed, we always lose.
b) i watch the all 22's, i know more than Kwesi does.
c) Jefferson will get fed up and demand a trade.
d) i told you Cine was a bad pick.
e) Fire Childress!

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, vike daddy said:

e) Fire Childress!

It's too bad there wasn't a larger groundswell for option E before that last extension. I have to say though that the Childress extension has saved me thousands of dollars as it snapped me out of some expensive Vikings related habits -- so there is reason for joy stemming from that extension.

12 hours ago, vike daddy said:

e) Fire Childress!

f) all of the above

• Like 1

The Vikings on Tuesday signed tackle Marcellus Johnson to their practice squad and released tackle Ricky Lee III.

Johnson began his NFL career earlier this year as an undrafted free agent with the New York Giants. He appeared in three preseason contests and signed to New York's practice squad after roster reductions but was released on Sept. 11.

The native of Normal, Illinois, played at Eastern Michigan (44 games from 2018-22) and Missouri (10 games in 2023). Lee first joined Minnesota's practice squad on Aug. 29.

vikings.com

Muse will have to miss a minimum of four weeks before returning.

O’Connell: “He did have a small fracture in his hand, and he could play, but it would require him to wear a big old cast on his hand and have that thing wrapped, so Nick’s value as a blocker and a pass catcher for us on game day, we thought it best to allow that thing to heal over the next three to four weeks. He was placed on short-term IR, which will allow us to get Myles Gaskin as our third running back on the roster. And then I’ll keep you guys posted about what the plan of attack is at the tight end position as the week goes on.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/vikings-place-te-nick-muse-on-ir-sign-rb-myles-gaskin-to-active-roster

18 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I can't imagine Muse coming back this season then. Don't we only get two IR activations? Obviously one will go to Hock and I have to imagine the other would go to Risner?

No.  Each individual player can return from IR 2 times a season, not the team.  They get 8 activations from IR for the whole season, 10 if they make the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

No.  Each individual player can return from IR 2 times a season, not the team.  They get 8 activations from IR for the whole season, 10 if they make the playoffs.

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification!