The tWo Hangout

16 hours ago, iPwn said:

I think I’m going to do a “pwny’s grades” thread for this team. Go over lots of people involved in the team, from Shad, Coughlin, etc. and through the roster. And give out detailed explanations of what I thought they did this year and an overall grade of their performance.

If I do this, does anyone have anyone they would like to see done first?

11 hours ago, .Buzz said:

News?

I got a $2/hour raise about a month ago. Felt great.

Found out two days ago that effective Feb 1st, our compensation plan is changing. Found out yesterday what it is. I get a bunch of bonuses based on things that happen in the company. Based on the model for the last three years, that’s going to come out to about $10k/year. In addition to that, three of us in the company are getting profit sharing bonuses each quarter; if the firm does well, we get a bonus. End of year, we get an additional profit sharing bonus into our 401k. Also - we’re probably getting another base rate raise on top of all of this.

From the looks of it, my income this year will be about $25k more than it was last year. So that’s p dope.

On top of that, they want me going to networking events twice a week; one breakfast and one after hours. I get paid for 4 hours a week for going to these, eating food/drinking cocktails (all paid for by the company) and just talking to people. Because of those 4 hours, I’ll have half days on Friday. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Buzz, how’s your hockey experience going?

Pretty solid. Haven't watched as many games as I'd like. Watched a decent amount of Wild due to roommates, and have caught some Hawks and Avs games.

Last night was a heck of a game for Debrincat and Duclair. What you think of those two? May be future key pieces.

25 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Pretty solid. Haven't watched as many games as I'd like. Watched a decent amount of Wild due to roommates, and have caught some Hawks and Avs games.

Last night was a heck of a game for Debrincat and Duclair. What you think of those two? May be future key pieces.

I haven’t watched anywhere near enough to have any real thoughts on them. DeBrincat seems to always impress when I catch a game though.

Now that football is over, I’m gonna try focusing some more on the Hawks until the Cubs steal my focus again.

6 minutes ago, iPwn said:

I haven’t watched anywhere near enough to have any real thoughts on them. DeBrincat seems to always impress when I catch a game though.

Now that football is over, I’m gonna try focusing some more on the Hawks until the Cubs steal my focus again.

Ha yeah.

Still not sure what team to call my team. Wish I had more friends who were BIG into it. Buddies who are Wilds fans are fans but not like people who talk and watch them consistently enough.

24 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Still not sure what team to call my team. Wish I had more friends who were BIG into it. Buddies who are Wilds fans are fans but not like people who talk and watch them consistently enough.

Have you felt yourself gravitating towards any team in particular? I know you said you caught a bunch of Wild games; they’re not doing it for you?