The tWo Hangout

Ok, so I am sitting here drinking a beer that's 10% alc and it may very well be one of my favorite beers I have ever had.

Any of you (probably relegated to people in the midwest) here of a beer called Hopslam Ale? Think it's from Michigan.

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Ok, so I am sitting here drinking a beer that's 10% alc and it may very well be one of my favorite beers I have ever had.

Any of you (probably relegated to people in the midwest) here of a beer called Hopslam Ale? Think it's from Michigan.

Nope. But I’ve turned into a wine man.

Just now, iPwn said:

Nope. But I’ve turned into a wine man.

Yeah, wine is good. I generally just stick to cheap stuff since I'm a college student though so if I don't mind that stuff, I'm sure I'll like wine more when I actually drink win that's half way decent..

I can't get over that beer though. Usually beer with that high of alcohol content isn't the best, but this legit may be one of the better beers I've ever had. Really enjoying it.

Just now, iPwn said:

I was never a wine fan. Got into Stella Rosa though and it’s delicious. Only $10-14 a bottle depending on the flavor, so it’s not really expensive. 

$10-$14 is a cheap handle of vodka/18 pack of beer man...that's expensive for a college student (one bottle of wine vs. the other, I'm taking the other).

But yeah, I'll have to check that stuff out some time.

Just now, .Buzz said:

$10-$14 is a cheap handle of vodka/18 pack of beer man...that's expensive for a college student (one bottle of wine vs. the other, I'm taking the other).

But yeah, I'll have to check that stuff out some time.

But then you have to drink cheap vodka or trash beer. So...

4 minutes ago, iPwn said:

I always drank quality alcohol. If you’re gonna kill your liver and take years off your life, at least drink something good.

Haha, I don't drink too excessively anymore very often. Tailgates/random parties/going out to the bars with buddies everyone in a while is the extent of it. Generally just have several beers while hanging with the roommates/drink a few mixed drinks to the point of feeling good. 

I'm just too broke to pay for quality. Pretty much just relying on loans/part-time job to make it through college. Barely skimping by most of the time. Hence why I'm ready to be done lol. Only reason I got this beer is because an older friend of mine who lives here in Ames and works full-time at a company gave me one. Think for a six pack of cans it's like $20. 

Edited by .Buzz

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Haha, I don't drink too excessively anymore very often. Tailgates/random parties/going out to the bars with buddies everyone in a while is the extent of it. Generally just have several beers while hanging with the roommates/drink a few mixed drinks to the point of feeling good. 

I'm just too broke to pay for quality. Pretty much just relying on loans/part-time job to make it through college. Barely skimping by most of the time. Hence why I'm ready to be done lol. Only reason I got this beer is because an older friend of mine who lives here in Ames and works full-time at a company gave me one. Think for a six pack of cans it's like $20. 

I mean I get it. I just usually cut back and drank less often.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, iPwn said:

I mean I get it. I just usually cut back and drank less often.

Yeah, this last semester and this one I'm currently in (18 credits) have been hell. So something to take the edge off at the end of a week is nice.

Plus, Jaguars games the past few weeks have caused excessive drinking to keep things more mellow for me. Tried going without anything against NE and after the first quarter I was literally shaking due to nervousness...so here we are.