The tWo Hangout

On 1/26/2018 at 6:12 PM, MJD4MVP5455 said:

You could become a Florida Panther fan

First NHL game i ever went to in person was a Panthers game.  And i kinda have a soft spot for them for that, and it's cool that they are a Cat and cats are cool.  And i liked their uniforms and logo until they effed it all up recently.  But mostly...

On 1/26/2018 at 6:30 PM, VLoo said:

3fa.gif

This is the appropriate response to this suggestion.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2018 at 9:45 PM, iPwn said:

I was never a wine fan. Got into Stella Rosa though and it’s delicious. Only $10-14 a bottle depending on the flavor, so it’s not really expensive. 

On 1/26/2018 at 9:46 PM, .Buzz said:

$10-$14 is a cheap handle of vodka/18 pack of beer man...that's expensive for a college student (one bottle of wine vs. the other, I'm taking the other).

But yeah, I'll have to check that stuff out some time.

You crazy Americans and your cheap booze.

$10-14 is like...minimum grade barely drinkable wine here.  Always just makes me consider moving to the States when people talk about the booze prices there.

Not sure what that says about my life priorities, but whatever.

On 1/26/2018 at 9:47 PM, iPwn said:

But then you have to drink cheap vodka or trash beer. So...

Hey now.  Sometimes trash beer is alright.

How trash are we talking though?

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

You crazy Americans and your cheap booze.

$10-14 is like...minimum grade barely drinkable wine here.  Always just makes me consider moving to the States when people talk about the booze prices there.

Not sure what that says about my life priorities, but whatever.

Hey now.  Sometimes trash beer is alright.

How trash are we talking though?

Just light beer like Keystone or Rolling Rock.

At least those are my two cheap beers.

Just now, Tugboat said:

It just makes me really wonder why anyone would ever drink a Keystone, on purpose.

The same with like... Why is Natty a thing in the states? You can buy whole cases of beer for less than $20 that isn't Natty. Bby wat u doin?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VLoo said:

The same with like... Why is Natty a thing in the states? You can buy whole cases of beer for less than $20 that isn't Natty. Bby wat u doin?

You saw our latest election. We don’t know what we’re doing.

• Like 1

On a separate booze-related note, i got myself a comedy-sized 1.75L jug of Woodford Reserve from the ol' Costco a while back...and it was an outstanding purchase imo.  Love huge bottles of stuff because there's more in it.  And it was a good deal too.

5 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

On a separate booze-related note, i got myself a comedy-sized 1.75L jug of Woodford Reserve from the ol' Costco a while back...and it was an outstanding purchase imo.  Love huge bottles of stuff because there's more in it.  And it was a good deal too.

I buy huge things of alcohol and then they sit around. I bought a huge thing of white rum like 4 months ago for mojitos and I’ve barely made a dent in it. So now it sits in my freezer, waiting.

2 minutes ago, iPwn said:

I buy huge things of alcohol and then they sit around. I bought a huge thing of white rum like 4 months ago for mojitos and I’ve barely made a dent in it. So now it sits in my freezer, waiting.

I don't tend to have that problem.  xD

Sometimes when a giant bottle gets down the the end, i'll subconsciously avoid finishing it off for a while just to keep it around for the novelty though i guess.

Actually i take that back, i currently also have a bottle of Bacardi white rum just sitting there half empty and i honestly don't remember how long ago i procured it.  It's just not the greatest thing, lacking versatility, and not something i'm just gonna sip on by itself.  Also anything i'd make with it is totally out of season right now...even though that doesn't ever seem to stop me from going ham on the tequila with margaritas when it's -50 outside.

2 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I don't tend to have that problem.  xD

Sometimes when a giant bottle gets down the the end, i'll subconsciously avoid finishing it off for a while just to keep it around for the novelty though i guess.

Actually i take that back, i currently also have a bottle of Bacardi white rum just sitting there half empty and i honestly don't remember how long ago i procured it.  It's just not the greatest thing, lacking versatility, and not something i'm just gonna sip on by itself.  Also anything i'd make with it is totally out of season right now...even though that doesn't ever seem to stop me from going ham on the tequila with margaritas when it's -50 outside.

Yeah, there’s really not a lot you can do with it. These are the kinds of things I meant that seem to pile up. White rum. What the hell am I going to do with that? I mean yeah, a mojito is great, but if I can barely feel my feet, it kinda turns me off to drinking that.

That said, girlfriend and I are going to a rum bar for Valentine’s.