Baltimore Ravens 2017-18 Roster Tracker

coordinator0

Yeah. I would feel better with Langford / Collins / Woodhead right now than West / Woodhead / Allen. Danny would obviously be the pass-catching back regardless, but I don't want to see him in a position to run the ball. As it stands he's probably the #2 runner ahead of Allen... no bueno. I'm one of Javorius' few fans but that's only as a receiver out of the backfield. With Woodhead in the mix he doesn't have a ton of value.

West just doesn't impress me. He will have his moments, like any running back, but for the most part it's a meh showing. Not a ton of wiggle, and for a power runner I never have much faith in him grinding anything out. The offensive line plays a huge part in the running game and without that unit opening up holes it's all a moot point but Terrance isn't creating anything on his own either. I think Langford or Collins (with knowledge of them as prospects) at least provides more in that regard. 

But make no mistake this is going to be a passing offense. Harbaugh and the rest of the team has preached about getting back to the running game every year but it's just not going to happen. Baltimore will lead the league in pass attempts for the third straight season or be very close to it. The weapons are okay at least, especially if Maxx Williams gets time and develops, but if Flacco doesn't have a clean pocket this could get ugly. Again. 

Chris Moore getting the first chance at being the kick returner is interesting. He only had one kick return in preseason, but at the same time there isn't an obvious choice otherwise either. Campanaro would get hurt even sooner in that role, Allen is just meh in that role (and any other besides catching passes), and then... Webb? Haha no thanks. 

To be honest I want to see more fair catches out of the kick return unit. Play it safe and start at the 25 more often than not. The Ravens don't have anybody with a good enough chance of breaking a good return to gamble otherwise. 

On 9/5/2017 at 11:24 AM, coordinator0 said:

And there it is.

Alex Collins / Jeremy Langford / Ricky Ortiz / Quincy Adeboyejo / Ryan Malleck / Maurquice Shakir / Matt Skura / Boseko Lokombo / Reggie Porter / Tony McRae

Will be interesting to see if Langford comes up based on severity of Woodhead injury.  Surprised he was available, considering he was a hot FF pickup two years ago.

33 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

I would lean towards this just being cushion, maybe leading to the signing of a veteran or two. With week one done the vested veteran fully guaranteed deal stuff is over. 

Trade NO for one of their RB's? They seem to have to many

I think they could go any way if they make a trade for a running back. Runner, receiver, or a guy that can pass-protect. All three types make sense. The biggest factor is what they think about Allen. He had a lot of rushing attempts in the first game. That's not his strength as a player, but at the same time Javorius supposedly had a good camp and the team likes him. No receptions for Buck yet but with the game plan after getting the big lead I don't think there were more than 5 pass attempts. I would much prefer to see him used in that role, replacing Woodhead until he gets healthy, so if a running back is added I want a runner to pair with West or pass-blocker first.

But Langford would cover the runner part. It makes sense to elevate him off the practice squad instead of moving assets for another back. I think Collins is a decent blocker too, so he would make sense if that's the route taken. Either way I'd rather not see a trade for a running back. So if a veteran is traded for with this cap space, give me... I don't know. Offensive line would be great, but no team is giving away a decent one. Inside linebacker? Maybe, but I would rather commit to Correa and Onwuasor as a tandem for the second spot and live with the growing pains. Corner could make sense with all the injuries but that's the same as offensive line in terms of teams not giving away decent players at that position. 

So nothing really stands out to me. Woodrum was added to the practice squad earlier too with Ryan Malleck being released.

Archived