Eagles TCMD War Room- Draft Complete!

EaglesPeteC

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:56 PM, EaglesPeteC said:

Thoughts on placing the Transition Tag on Nigel Bradham?

T. Tag is 11.9 million, but then I can extend him out and lower his cap hit. 

Yes do this. Don't fight in FA to keep the team together.

Then we can use FA to add to the depth of the team.

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

The bigger reason I'm okay with letting Bradham walk is because 1. We have Joe Walker who's shown to be capable, and 2. With how much Nickel is played these days, you'd only need 2 Linebackers on the field most of the time.

1. But is he though?

2. The problem is that Bradham was one of those 2 backers.

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

I think so yes.

We have Hicks coming back.

I mean its a conversation worth having. I thought he would fall under the serviceable category but I sure as hell wouldn't be comfortable going into next season with Kendricks-Hicks-Walker with Goode and Grugier-Hill as our only back-ups.

4 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I mean its a conversation worth having. I thought he would fall under the serviceable category but I sure as hell wouldn't be comfortable going into next season with Kendricks-Hicks-Walker with Goode and Grugier-Hill as our only back-ups.

Obviously we'd draft one. I'd like to trade out of the first round maybe into the mid 2nd and pick up a 3rd rounder. Take a LBer in round 2 or 3 then.

@Danger, I am wondering what you've seen from Walker that makes your comfortable with him?

So there are huge points on both side.

Pros:

He was the Eagles best LB last year and the most consistant

Hicks is always a liability with injury

Keeping the band together as much as possible with a highly successful team is usually smart

Cons:

Cap space is limited

The Eagles do play Nickle a lot

He is 29

Hicks will be due up soon and with Kendricks contract also not cheap, will the Eagles really keep 3 high priced LB's? Would you sign Bradham long term and let Hicks walk next offseason?

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Obviously we'd draft one. I'd like to trade out of the first round maybe into the mid 2nd and pick up a 3rd rounder. Take a LBer in round 2 or 3 then.

This may be a personal thing but I'm generally very opposed to drafting a guy and giving him the starting job. I'd much prefer us keep the team in place and let our draft picks win their jobs.

2 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

This may be a personal thing but I'm generally very opposed to drafting a guy and giving him the starting job. I'd much prefer us keep the team in place and let our draft picks win their jobs.

That's all fine and good. I'd love to keep everyone, but when you're this strapped for cash you have to make concessions somewhere. I'd rather keep the DLine in tact personally.

12 minutes ago, Danger said:

That's all fine and good. I'd love to keep everyone, but when you're this strapped for cash you have to make concessions somewhere. I'd rather keep the DLine in tact personally.

Curry was traded, everyone else is under contract.

While I think we need to extend Graham IRL I tend to default to "this doesn't carry over to next year" and "FA contracts/comparables are ridiculous" when talking about unnecessary items in mock drafts.

Just now, Hockey5djh said:

Curry was traded, everyone else is under contract.

While I think we need to extend Graham IRL I tend to default to "this doesn't carry over to next year" and "FA contracts/comparables are ridiculous" when talking about unnecessary items in mock drafts.

I am referring to both in TCMD and in reality. Vinny Curry is a start, but you still need to make at least one more concession even after that and Celek/Smith/Warmack cuts.

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

I am referring to both in TCMD and in reality. Vinny Curry is a start, but you still need to make at least one more concession even after that and Celek/Smith/Warmack cuts.

I think the concession Pete listed earlier is Jason Peters, unless you meant you'd rather keep the OL in tact?

3 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I think the concession Pete listed earlier is Jason Peters, unless you meant you'd rather keep the OL in tact?

I'd have to agree. I do think Halapoulivaati Vaitai is good enough to play LT for us. Is he a truly healthy Jason Peters? No.

I'm also still curious as to who we'd be able to restructure. Malcolm Jenkins and Fletcher Cox make the most sense to me.

Archived