Eagles TCMD War Room- Draft Complete!

EaglesPeteC

9 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I meant as an extension after the franchise tag. No reason to not guarantee locking him up, its not like we need the tag for anything else.

If I franchise tag Bradham at 13 mill + then that becomes his APY and I have to sign him to a deal that averages 13+ mill.

That is why I am looking at the transition tag at 11. I feel like I could build a deal that can work off of that more than 13.

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

Looking at my workbook for cap. Some other potential cuts I can make

Donnie Jones- Saves $1.6 million

Chris Maragos- Saves $1.5 million

Chance Warmack- Saves $1.25 million

That is a total of $4.3 mill in savings

Cut Gibson and Pumphrey. That nets another 1.1 million or so. Drafted players can take their spots, the trash cans they are.

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

No you won't net anything because of the Top 51 rule during the offseason. No point in cutting them now. 

Yes but if you sign someone else to take their place. You can bring on better quality players to replace them in FA.

Just now, Danger said:

Yes but if you sign someone else to take their place. You can bring on better quality players to replace them in FA.

It still clears zero cap room, so I can bring on players and they can get cut at final cuts, but they also might get better. So it makes no sense to cut them now because there is literally no benefit to doing so. Might as well take them to camp as part of the 90 and see how they fare

7 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Players Potentially to Cut

Torrey Smith saves $5 million

Brent Celek saves $4 million

Chance Warmack saves $1.25 million

These. Celek is probably going to retire anyway. I don't see the point in cutting Jones and Maragos just to replace them and potentially save a million combined if you're lucky.

8 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Players Potentially to Cut

Torrey Smith saves $5 million- Yes. No brainer

Brent Celek saves $4 million- Yes. If he hangs around in FA long enough, I'll try and resign for vet min.

Donnie Jones saves $1.6 million- Yes. It is time for the Cameron Johnston era.

Chris Maragos saves $1.5 million- No. By the time your replace him with someone, what have we really saved.

Chance Warmack saves $1.25 million- Same as Maragos. I'll have to replace his roster spot, so very little money saved. He's a decent enough back up

Here is where I am at on it

2 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

These. Celek is probably going to retire anyway. I don't see the point in cutting Jones and Maragos just to replace them and potentially save a million combined if you're lucky.

Eagles have Cameron Johnston on the offseason roster who they've kept around for 2 years, so I don't have to replace Jones, so I save a true 1.6

Archived