UK Mock 2018

broncos_fan _from _uk

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

So do you love those two players in the first round? Dropping 16 slots is pretty major. I'm not super high on getting that far back in the draft. 

Do I love them? no, but this is a weird draft. Very deep, not top heavy. Aside from Barkley and Nelson, I don't see any elite/HOF type players. In this scenario they are both gone. Is there any one player in this draft you love more than 3 1st round picks? I don't see one.

38 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Do I love them? no, but this is a weird draft. Very deep, not top heavy. Aside from Barkley and Nelson, I don't see any elite/HOF type players. In this scenario they are both gone. Is there any one player in this draft you love more than 3 1st round picks? I don't see one.

Hmmm gotcha. Yeah I like one of those guys if they are there, didn’t know they were gone in this scenario. I’m also interested in Smith 

1 hour ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

You mention that in this scenario you have Barkley going to Cleveland at #4, which I think is a real possibility if he gets past Indy at #3 (remember Mac took Moreno at #12 and Barkley is 10x the prospect Knowshon was). But who do you have taking Nelson in the top 5?  Regardless, would you take Nelson at #5 if he was there or prefer the trade down?

I go back and forth. I think that McGovern is a serviceable option at RG, assuming we move Leary to his more-natural LG spot, but Nelson is an elite OG prospect and give us a All-Pro caliber OG for the next decade, but No. 5 overall is a steep price for an OG. At the same time, with Barkley gone and our QB already signed, I don't know who would be a good pick for us there, trading down and getting extra picks in a draft you rightfully say is deep but not top-heavy, sounds like a great option. With Cousins (and Von) eating up a lot of cap space having several key players on rookie contracts is almost a necessity. 

I think if you assume we sign Cousins, the options if we stay at 5 are:

Barkley (if there), Nelson, Fitzpatrick, Chubb. I can't really see who else we take. Maybe McGlinchey depending on his combine, but other than that, I can't see any obvious picks. It's a little too high for Roquan.

Archived