MikeT14

On 10/2/2018 at 1:33 PM, Hunter2_1 said:

Same. May even make it my first ever pre-order

DON'T PRE ORDER ANYTHING EVER

BOTTOM TEXT

aaahqhqhqjkhjhaqaaaaaaaa YOU'LL RUIN THE ******* WORLD IF YOU DO THIS! REEEEEEE

17 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

i always preorder the day before so i can play the game right at 11 pm

Yeah I do it last second for stuff I know I'm going to get right away too. Now you usually play a few days early too and stuff as well

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I've seen this all over the net. I'm out of the loop slightly, but why is this a thing? 

The general thought is that we should not be giving money in advance to a company without knowing what the final product will play like.

I will pre-order if I get a better deal on the game, simple as that. If I don't get a discount, I will just buy it when it comes out, or later if I am not really excited for it. With Amazon's changes to their prime discount, I will probably stop pre-ordering from there, and it kinda kills the prime discount for me since I've been buying less stuff off of them for a few months now

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I've seen this all over the net. I'm out of the loop slightly, but why is this a thing? 

Because people enjoy being mad at everything when their lives have nothing else to actually be mad at :)

20 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

The general thought is that we should not be giving money in advance to a company without knowing what the final product will play like.

I will pre-order if I get a better deal on the game, simple as that. If I don't get a discount, I will just buy it when it comes out, or later if I am not really excited for it. With Amazon's changes to their prime discount, I will probably stop pre-ordering from there, and it kinda kills the prime discount for me since I've been buying less stuff off of them for a few months now

They don't charge you until release there right? Some places don't. If that's the case, IDC. They aren't getting money. Only a promise to buy that actually isn't hard to cancel, despite what some have said. I actually got money have after forgetting to cancel once after release when it charged my card. 

I get the logic, but it's way overblown. Sadly it kind of worked for many with BFV. After the pre orders were low, they changed some things. I guess I get annoyed that they think they are rolling cigars with that money instead of using it to develop the game when I know how easy it easy to cancel

56 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I get you BURGE

I do think, however, there is enough evidence to be sure that RDR2 is going to be absolutely insane. Some of the "i played the first 4 hours" tributes have left me amazed, frankly. I wouldn't pre order anything less.

1 hour ago, Norm said:

They don't charge you until release there right? Some places don't. If that's the case, IDC. They aren't getting money. Only a promise to buy that actually isn't hard to cancel, despite what some have said. I actually got money have after forgetting to cancel once after release when it charged my card. 

I get the logic, but it's way overblown. Sadly it kind of worked for many with BFV. After the pre orders were low, they changed some things. I guess I get annoyed that they think they are rolling cigars with that money instead of using it to develop the game when I know how easy it easy to cancel

I have pre-ordered games for a long time, so I am not against it really. I don't have a problem with people who pre-order, and honestly I can't stand when people try to tell other people that "they are the problem with the gaming industry" when they do.

And Norm, at Gamestop or whatever, you can pay up front or just reserve for $5. I think they may have removed that minimum recently though, but I don't know

15 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I have pre-ordered games for a long time, so I am not against it really. I don't have a problem with people who pre-order, and honestly I can't stand when people try to tell other people that "they are the problem with the gaming industry" when they do.

And Norm, at Gamestop or whatever, you can pay up front or just reserve for $5. I think they may have removed that minimum recently though, but I don't know

I'm PC so everything is digital anyways so I always do it online, I haven't actually pre ordered anything on a while though. Bf1 I think maybe

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I get you BURGE

I do think, however, there is enough evidence to be sure that RDR2 is going to be absolutely insane. Some of the "i played the first 4 hours" tributes have left me amazed, frankly. I wouldn't pre order anything less.

Yeah there's no worry here. But there's some no pre order talk because online won't release with it I guess. It's like who cares. You're getting the game anyways. Lol

34 minutes ago, Norm said:

I'm PC so everything is digital anyways so I always do it online, I haven't actually pre ordered anything on a while though. Bf1 I think maybe

PC games are usually less right? Like $50 USD when consoles are $60? When I would get cod every year (I still get Madden) I trade them in and usually get a good amount back. I pre-order Nintendo usually cause theyre always sold out