Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

21 minutes ago, swede700 said:

A former Vikings' QB and a current Vikings coach...

i love the effect McCardell has had on our roster.

some pretty bad defensive coverages in that compilation of his td's, but oh well he scored them!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, swede700 said:

Drew Barrymore is no Paul Lynde (while I'm not old enough to have watched that version, I did see a lot of the reruns...I watched the John Davidson-hosted version in the late 80s). 

I wrote that earlier today having absolutely no idea it would have been Lynde's 98th birthday today.  He was a funny dude. 

• Like 3

Some of the top pass catchers from Tom Brady's career joined him on stage for one of the night's segments. Among them was Randy Moss, who became overcome with emotion after seeing the crowd reaction to his introduction.

Moss wiped tears from his eyes during the lengthy ovation, which seemed to only get louder the longer it went.

"Y'all know it's always good to feel this," Moss, with tears rolling down his face, told the crowd after about 45 seconds of applause.

https://www.cbsnews.com/boston/news/tom-brady-patriots-hall-of-fame-ceremony-top-moments/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR3FyzD9L7rf44NFK0GH-VdbKRYPv3d29KXUKM7DBJFxIMuXnaEnZfP_dHs_aem_ZmFrZWR1bW15MTZieXRlcw

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 1

Former Vikings receiver Bernard Berrian is a finalist for the 2025 class of the College Football Hall of Fame.

Berrian is a finalist for his work as a kick returner at Fresno State. He finished his collegiate career with 1,427 kick return yards on 61 attempts and one kick return touchdown. Berrian also was a weapon on punt returns, finishing second in the nation in 2001 with 552 punt return yards. He returned three punts for touchdowns in college.

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/inside-vikings/news/ex-viking-bernard-berrian-on-the-2025-college-football-hall-of-fame-ballot

Danielle Hunter, on playing for Houston: "It feels great. Being able to come back down here and play in front of my family and friends. Been up there in the cold for a long time, but I'm back down here to the humidity, and I'm excited about that. It brings back a lot of memories about growing up and playing football. So, I'm really excited about that."

https://thevikingage.com/posts/texans-danielle-hunter-mentor-rookie-of-the-year-minnesota-vikings

18 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Danielle Hunter, on playing for Houston: "It feels great. Being able to come back down here and play in front of my family and friends. Been up there in the cold for a long time, but I'm back down here to the humidity, and I'm excited about that. It brings back a lot of memories about growing up and playing football. So, I'm really excited about that."

https://thevikingage.com/posts/texans-danielle-hunter-mentor-rookie-of-the-year-minnesota-vikings

I don't know how ANYONE can enjoy humidity!

• Like 6

19 hours ago, Captain Relax said:

I don't know how ANYONE can enjoy humidity!

I ran 8 miles in my last long run before my marathon on Saturday and while the temperature wasn't horrible (lower 70s), the humidity was atrocious...I was drenched with sweat a mile in.  🤣  I absolutely hate humidity.  I don't like heat, but the humidity does me in every time. 

• Like 2

Aaron Becker@Aaron_M_Becker

Cordarrelle Patterson is willing to do whatever the #Steelers ask of him. “I’m not coming in here to step on anyone’s toes. I know my role and I know what I can bring to the team. So whatever they need me to do, man, I’m that guy.”

10 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Aaron Becker@Aaron_M_Becker

Cordarrelle Patterson is willing to do whatever the #Steelers ask of him. “I’m not coming in here to step on anyone’s toes. I know my role and I know what I can bring to the team. So whatever they need me to do, man, I’m that guy.”

I wonder if he'll return kicks under the new format. 

• Like 1

It’s been more than six years since Case Keenum and Stefon Diggs connected on the Minneapolis Miracle. They had one more game together as Vikings teammates, overlapped for a year in Buffalo, and are reunited again in Houston.

Keenum: “Yeah, it’s really cool to get back out there and see Stefon on the practice field and to watch him absolutely do some dirty things on some routes that I haven’t seen anybody be able to do. He’s a dynamic player and he hasn’t lost a step. If anything, he has gotten more savviness and can put some extra sauce on some routes when he needs to and win. He’s done a great job of continuing to build his craft and work his tools, his tool set, and I’m excited to see what he can do in the fall.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/case-keenum-on-stefon-diggs-he-hasnt-lost-a-step

4 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

He was before my time as a Vikings fan but that was probably the most glorious run of his career lol

That was a fun play. The blocking was excellent.  With only three coming on the rush the offensive linemen were free to get downfield. They did that and blocked well as a group. Jake Reed came in and blocked one while also slowing up another just enough. Everyone was in on that play. 

• Like 2