Real Madrid C.F. Thread - LUCKY NUMBER 13

Madridista

4 hours ago, Buc Ball said:

I think there was contact (I've not seen any replays from a better angle), but it's definitely not a penalty. 

He deserves to get a fairly long suspension for pushing the referee. 12 games seems a bit much though compared to what other plays got for the same thing.

There was definitely contact and he was legitimately knocked down, but it was not a foul. If he would have just gone down I don't think anything would have been called, but the fact that he immediately turned over asking for the call made it look like a dive. I still don't think it deserved a 2nd yellow though.

Only 4 matches for pushing the ref is incredibly lucky.

3 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

It's actually incredibly easy and something footballers harness through years of dedication  

Not like that. He was knocked off balance that you cannot fake. Now you may see players knocked off balance causing them to stumble and then go to ground (when they may have been able to stay up) but if you're knocked off balance illegally then why not go to ground?

9 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

Minimal contact and he's facing the ref before he hits the ground. To be honest the more I watch it the worse it gets. 

There does not have to be significant contact for you to go to ground. Minimal contact can be enough to go to ground, where and how the contact is made is sometimes more important.

Edited by Kip Smithers

14 minutes ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Honestly that ref was to far away to even get a good enough look at the contact to tell if it was a dive or not. No need for the yellow card at all.

Yellow is harsh. But if you take in the context. Last minute of a game. Barça defender would have been sent off. Real Madrid with a penalty. If the cheating had gone unnoticed. 

1 hour ago, texans_uk said:

Yellow is harsh. But if you take in the context. Last minute of a game. Barça defender would have been sent off. Real Madrid with a penalty. If the cheating had gone unnoticed. 

1 hour ago, texans_uk said:

That's why I think a no call would've been the best choice.

Just now, texans_uk said:

Could have. If Ronaldo hadn't flailed around it would have been easier. The thing that frustrates me with yellows for diving is the inconsistency.

I agree that if you have a definite opinion on it than you should issue the card but if there is any doubt, and at his position I would imagine there was, I don't think you should make that decision. 

Pushing the ref is idiotic either way, especially after what was minimal contact at best.