Lions announce the hire of Matt Patricia

flyguy1609

Lions announce the hire of Matt Patricia as head coach. made it official. wonder what Patriot 's guys he's going bring. maybe Butler(depending on what he did) maybe a trade for talib, Chris Long(I think he stays in philly tho) im excited to see what he does

He's not a slam dunk by any stretch. But he was arguably the #1 coaching target this year. If the Lions hadn't gotten him, probably 4 or more other teams would have wanted him.

Every year he was a coordinator, his team made the playoffs and every year except his first, they won at least one playoff game.

We know he will be on the same page as the GM.

This is the best hire, on paper, that the Lions could have made at this time.

I just hope the brother can maintain his health bc he looks like a guy that works 90 hours a week and eats junk every day. Quinn should assign him a nutritionist.

17 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

He's not a slam dunk by any stretch. But he was arguably the #1 coaching target this year. If the Lions hadn't gotten him, probably 4 or more other teams would have wanted him.

Every year he was a coordinator, his team made the playoffs and every year except his first, they won at least one playoff game.

We know he will be on the same page as the GM.

This is the best hire, on paper, that the Lions could have made at this time.

I just hope the brother can maintain his health bc he looks like a guy that works 90 hours a week and eats junk every day. Quinn should assign him a nutritionist.

Agreed. This is the best outcome we could have hoped for. Hopefully we're not the Titans after landing Whisenhunt this time around.

Nutritionist probably wouldn't be the worst idea.

everybody is talking about his passion and work ethic.  He's obviously smart, but a lot of this will come down to the assistants he and Quinn hire.  According to detroitlions.com  the only defensive coaches still on board are QC coach Steven Williams and Defensive Assistant George Godsey.  Hope there some pro coaches available.  I would rather have recent NFL experience as opposed to Pasqualoni

2 hours ago, lioneye22 said:

everybody is talking about his passion and work ethic.  He's obviously smart, but a lot of this will come down to the assistants he and Quinn hire.  According to detroitlions.com  the only defensive coaches still on board are QC coach Steven Williams and Defensive Assistant George Godsey.  Hope there some pro coaches available.  I would rather have recent NFL experience as opposed to Pasqualoni

on the offensive side of the ball Jim Bob Cooter is expected to stay on,

Personally, if I signed Matt Patricia and he showed up the Herman Gardens Abandoned Trap House (sorry, I’m just guessing what the Lions facility is named) with that beard trimmed down, I’d just assume he’s an imposter, box him up, and ship him back to Foxboro for an even exchange, or at least a partial refund. The real Matt Patricia has a beard and a scowl that frightens off children. Should have put on his contract that he can’t trim the beard.

Please beat the Packers twice.

Archived