Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

3 hours ago, Darth Sizzle said:

Got the opportunity to take Phillip Lindsay, should i take him and drop one of Hyde or Ekeler? My starters are Kamara & Howard.

Not Hyde. Hyde is a legitimate starting running back for the browns and a solid rb3. 

If you want to swap Ekeler for Lindsay, I wouldn't mind. I don't know that Lindsay's usage sustains at his week 1 status though. I would expect it to be something closer to Ekeler's, honestly. That being said, Freeman is not as entrenched as Gordon is in the offense, so his likelihood for more touches is greater on a week by week basis, but Ekeler is the superior handcuff to own in my opinion. So that's just about whatever your preference is. 

3 hours ago, Anonymous said:

Any thoughts on picking up Brandon Marshall as a WR2? Have Corey Davis and Crabtree as well.

Marshall is a sneaky play with some potential. He looks healthy, which is a big deal. That being said, I like him a lot more in standard leagues than a PPR. I think he's still going to be somewhat touchdown dependent, and I'm not sure that's something I want from my wide receivers. He's a fine stash, I just wouldn't start him immediately. 

5 hours ago, BillSabre said:

Have Eli as my backup QB.  Drop him for Case Keenum or Tyrod? Starter is Alex Smith so there could be times I play for matchup instead of just starting Smith religiously. 

Honestly I probably wouldn't even burn the roster spot on the back up. There are largely 3 games I wouldn't feel comfortable starting Smith - Jax and the 2 philly games. The houston game has the potential to go on that list, but right now I'd be fine with starting him against the Texans.  The rest of the games, you're probably not going to do much better on the waiver wire than Smith, who is underrated as a fantasy guy. If the likes of Keenum and Tyrod are sitting on your waiver wire now, I don't see why they wouldn't be available to stream during those 3 games + washington's bye week. Sounds like not everyone in your league is carrying 2 quarterbacks. 

In a full PPR league, who do you like more, Keelan Cole or Ryan Grant? 

Cole is probably the only guy I can drop him for at this point, and I think that Grant could be a really nice addition in a full PPR league. He's never going to have a truly great game, but I could see a lot of what he just did (8 catches, 50 yards), which gives him a pretty solid floor overall. 

2 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Would you guys drop Marlon Mack for Kenny Galloday? Would probably choose him over Burkhead as my flex in PPR. 

I'm not trusting any colt running back. I see very limited upside with them. Galloday may be receiver three, but the Lions room more three receiver sets than just about anyone

Robert Woods, Marvin Jones, and Amari Cooper all came available on the waiver wire (couple of dudes really tilting after Week 1 losses). My current WR core is Davante Adams, Emmanuel Sanders, Marquise Goodwin, and Keelan Cole. I think all 3 are worth picking up over Cole, but would like some advice on how much to spend and who to prioritize. 

. How much FAAB would you spend? I have $97 left from a $100 budget. I'm somewhat conservative about spending big money after Week 1, so I'm not bidding huge on any, but here's what I have right now:

Robert Woods - $11

Amari Cooper - $9

Marvin Jones - $8 

Thoughts? Worth upping big time on any of these bids? 

10 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Robert Woods, Marvin Jones, and Amari Cooper all came available on the waiver wire (couple of dudes really tilting after Week 1 losses). My current WR core is Davante Adams, Emmanuel Sanders, Marquise Goodwin, and Keelan Cole. I think all 3 are worth picking up over Cole, but would like some advice on how much to spend and who to prioritize. 

. How much FAAB would you spend? I have $97 left from a $100 budget. I'm somewhat conservative about spending big money after Week 1, so I'm not bidding huge on any, but here's what I have right now:

Robert Woods - $11

Amari Cooper - $9

Marvin Jones - $8 

Thoughts? Worth upping big time on any of these bids? 

I still prefer Cooper over those three guys. I know last year and week one was a struggle, and not going to expect much better this week, but I Think there are better times ahead for Cooper, especially on a cheap bid. 

Woods is going to be hit and miss week in and week out I think. Between he, Gurley, Cooks and Kupp, that's a lot of mouths to feed, so I think that there are going to be some lean weeks. Jones I'm sort of meh on. When Galloday played last year, his targets were cut in half. I think that is pretty substantial. If Galloday was hurt right now, I'd be in on him, but with Galloday healthy, meh....

So I offered up a trade and I’m wondering if it’s a good move to make or not.

I offered the Delanie Walker owner a trade of ....... Allen Robinson and Jordan Reed 

in exchange for Adam Thielen and Austin Hooper.   

I drafted Ertz and Reed so I feel like rolling out Davante Adams, Mike Evans and Adam Thielen weekly would be great.  

Is this a good trade or should I just keep my own TE insurance in my back pocket?

26 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

So I offered up a trade and I’m wondering if it’s a good move to make or not.

I offered the Delanie Walker owner a trade of ....... Allen Robinson and Jordan Reed 

in exchange for Adam Thielen and Austin Hooper.   

I drafted Ertz and Reed so I feel like rolling out Davante Adams, Mike Evans and Adam Thielen weekly would be great.  

Is this a good trade or should I just keep my own TE insurance in my back pocket?

I'm not a fan of rostering two tight ends, so I have no issue rolling with one

Archived