Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

@keysersoze3421

Full draft board to look at if you're interested.

10th round is the carry over round and players drafted rounds 10 or later the previous year  and spends the entire year on the roster can be your 10th round pick and spends the entire year. Willie Snead, Marvin Jones, Michael Thomas, Tevin Coleman, and Josh Doctso were off the board to start because of this. Mismanagement last year cost me a 10th round Jordan Howard. :( 

1zrHcQ4.jpg?1

I'm the Salsa Sharks and not feeling too good about it. Will definitely need to make some moves for a receiver during the season. I normally would never draft two TE but I think Bennett has big boom potential in Green Bay. With other teams still needing a TE at that point, I couldn't pass it up. Hopefully either him or Olsen can fetch me something nice later. 

37 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I'm all about those 2 for 1 trades. While Fitz and Martin are nice RB2/WR2 pieces, I'd always rather have the potential elite talent. 

same here, that trade could make your team elite. If you kept Fitz and Martin do you consider that team elite? Those guys are not as good as Thomas could be.

36 minutes ago, steadypimpin said:

same here, that trade could make your team elite. If you kept Fitz and Martin do you consider that team elite? Those guys are not as good as Thomas could be.

No.

Where's Martin playing next year?

Is Fitzgerald even playing next year?

If your answers aren't 100 percent certain to either of the above two questions, you'd almost certainly want to keep the borderline elite prospect in the elite situation.

I drafted yesterday (12 team/.5 ppr) and had my sights on Hunt in round 3.  I picked 8 out of 12 so at the end of round 3 I had the short turn back to early round 4.

DT was still on the board and I thought I had a shot to grab Hunt on the turn early round 4.  Someone took him the very next pick after me.  

I could of had RB: Shady, Howard and Flex: Hunt with Cooks/Crowder at WR

but insterad I have

RB: Shady, Howard with WR: Cooks, DT, Flex: Crowder

Did I screw up?  I'm pissed at myself for missing on Hunt.

7 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I drafted yesterday (12 team/.5 ppr) and had my sights on Hunt in round 3.  I picked 8 out of 12 so at the end of round 3 I had the short turn back to early round 4.

DT was still on the board and I thought I had a shot to grab Hunt on the turn early round 4.  Someone took him the very next pick after me.  

I could of had RB: Shady, Howard and Flex: Hunt with Cooks/Crowder at WR

but insterad I have

RB: Shady, Howard with WR: Cooks, DT, Flex: Crowder

Did I screw up?  I'm pissed at myself for missing on Hunt.

Jeez, would not have taken that risk. But that's the game!

Who's throwing Thomas the ball this year again?

Yeah, you could have easily gone Hunt there, gotten Mixon on the turn (maybe, or even Cook), been loaded at RB, and then grabbed a few high-floor receivers in rounds 5-6 (Decker, Maclin, Jackson, etc.). The league is chocked full of those WR2s that you can win with. There aren't many that have the opportunity about to be afforded to Hunt.

RB: McCoy, Howard, Hunt, Mixon/Cook
WR: Cooks, Maclin/Jackson/Adams/Coleman

That's a very impressive group. Not a huge drop to have Thomas/Crowder, but I think you'll have troubles moving either of those guys midseason if you need to do some wheeling and dealing. Then again, I'm not high on either of those two. 

Archived