Is Bill Bellichick solely to blame for Patriots loss?

BayRaider

Just now, Troy Brown said:

Yeah, he literally takes zero steps. What are you even seeing?

No you're absolutely right I'm wrong on the Jesse James one I have no problem admitting that I clearly was remembering incorrectly in my mind it happened differently but seen the video that's fine I can accept being wrong however in each of the other three instances that I mentioned the wrong decisions in my opinion were made. And it's less of an opinion in more of the evidence supports it.

2 hours ago, lancerman said:

Nope he was. Please show me where in this process he took 3-4 steps before falling

Image result for Jesse James catch gif

That's the third time you were wrong

Knee counts as two feet (even though the other came down as well), he had control, and broke the plane. That was a catch and a TD.

Just now, Carmen Cygni said:

Give it up. He snatched the ball, started to bring it down, saw the goaline , and then proceeded to reach - in a secondary move- over the goal line. It's a TD.

I don't have to give it up. I'm right. Literally every ref in the league saw it that way. You just don't know the rule. A reach when falling is not a secondary move and is not a football move. We've been through this a million times

8 minutes ago, lancerman said:

I don't have to give it up. I'm right. Literally every ref in the league saw it that way. You just don't know the rule. A reach when falling is not a secondary move and is not a football move. We've been through this a million times

Hey look, someone that actually thinks the catch rule is fine as it is. I'm sure it was nothing to do with that the call was in favor for your team . . . nah, of course not.

1 minute ago, Carmen Cygni said:

Hey look, someone that actually thinks the catch rule is fine as it is. I'm sure it was nothing to do with that the call was in favor for your team . . . nah, of course not.

Oh look someone who doesn't understand the situation. 

Nobodies saying there aren't issues with the catch rule, the problem is nobody has come up with a suitable solution to it yet.

Just now, lancerman said:

Oh look someone who doesn't understand the situation. 

Nobodies saying there aren't issues with the catch rule, the problem is nobody has come up with a suitable solution to it yet.

The situation is that the catch rule is severely flawed and desperately needs to be overhauled. Especially for cases above.

The situation is that the catch rule is severely flawed and desperately needs to be overhauled. Especially for cases above.

And nobody has ever produced a solution that didn't cause more problems than it solved. The reality is there are a limited number of solutions to make those plays catches and all of them cause more problems in more frequent parts of the game than the once every couple of weeks we get situations like this.

It's easy to just say there is a problem.

Just now, lancerman said:

And nobody has ever produced a solution that didn't cause more problems than it solved. The reality is there are a limited number of solutions to make those plays catches and all of them cause more problems in more frequent parts of the game than the once every couple of weeks we get situations like this.

It's easy to just say there is a problem.

That's b/c the NFL continues to get too cute in their wording and judgement calls. It's really not that difficult. The problems arise when you try to get too specific and unnecessary questions are being asked to whether its a catch or a TD. Nothing was wrong with the catch rule in the first place; there issues arose when they tried to cover for the ref that flubbed the call vs Calvin Johnson (which was also a TD).

That's b/c the NFL continues to get too cute in their wording and judgement calls. It's really not that difficult. The problems arise when you try to get too specific and unnecessary questions are being asked to whether its a catch or a TD. Nothing was wrong with the catch rule in the first place; there issues arose when they tried to cover for the ref that flubbed the call vs Calvin Johnson (which was also a TD).

Ugh

The catch rule really didn't change that much. It was just that they called it a get a catch on the field and it stood because it was rarely reviewed. Instant replay became more prominent and it resulted in situations like this. You have to have specific wording when a play can be slowed down and reviewed from multiple angles. It makes it more specific. The catch rule itself is actually incredibly simple. If you are upright, make a football move and become a runner. If you are falling hold onto the ball throughout the fall. That's not that complicated. And it actually removes a whole lot of judgment from it. It's just that there's a grey areas where a receiver has possession and looks like he's capable of doing a lot as he's going down but can't establish himself as a runner and therefore he doesn't complete the process. Or there is some debate over whether a football move occurred before the fall. 

29 minutes ago, Carmen Cygni said:

Now I know you're just trolling.

It's very simple. I don't know how you think it's not simple. 

1. Catch the ball and establish yourself as a runner. 

2. If you can't establish yourself as a runner because you are falling don't lose control throughout the fall. 

That's not hard to understand. It only gets complicated when people say "well if he's falling but has a knee down and tries to reach as he's going down".... no. Hold onto the ball. Very simple

Archived