aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor

Heimdallr

Dunks featuring girls basketball players have become a common sight on social media, but it’s rare to see that display of athleticism from a 14-year-old.

A video of Minnetonka High’s highly touted freshman Ari Peterson surfaced Thursday when she threw down a one-handed dunk during a workout at TVP Academy in Burnsville.

The 6-2 daughter of former Vikings great Adrian Peterson completed a slam on her third attempt, which included a missed dunk with two hands.

https://www.startribune.com/ari-peterson-daughter-adrian-peterson-dunking-basketball-minnesota/601148257?taid=66ed6ad81f7d050001cd6f40&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw Sturgill Simpson play in Chicago on Tuesday. If you have a chance to see him (he's touring North America through Thanksgiving, then headed to Europe early next year) I cannot recommend it enough. It's country, rock, psychedelia, blues, jamming all rolled into one 3 hour show with no breaks, no opener. Just him and 4 virtuoso players ripping one song after another. No backing tracks, no fancy gimmicks, just good old fashioned loud live rock'n'roll.

I took my dad after I bought him a ticket for Father's Day. He's seen a lot of live music, is a bit of a music snob, and hugely influential on my music tastes, but has been reluctant to embrace my recommendations. He said this was the 2nd best show he's ever seen, with #1 being a Tragically Hip show in the mid 2000s.

If you are a fan of live music in any capacity I recommend finding a way to get to a show.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

I just saw Sturgill Simpson play in Chicago on Tuesday. If you have a chance to see him (he's touring North America through Thanksgiving, then headed to Europe early next year) I cannot recommend it enough. It's country, rock, psychedelia, blues, jamming all rolled into one 3 hour show with no breaks, no opener. Just him and 4 virtuoso players ripping one song after another. No backing tracks, no fancy gimmicks, just good old fashioned loud live rock'n'roll.

I took my dad after I bought him a ticket for Father's Day. He's seen a lot of live music, is a bit of a music snob, and hugely influential on my music tastes, but has been reluctant to embrace my recommendations. He said this was the 2nd best show he's ever seen, with #1 being a Tragically Hip show in the mid 2000s.

If you are a fan of live music in any capacity I recommend finding a way to get to a show.

A couple of good friends saw him last week in Minnesota. Said he put on a phenomenal show. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GermanVike said:

Could you explain why? I'm not really that deep into the administrative side of college football.

As I understand (I know a little more but certainly not an expert myself), the NLI is what ties the player to a school for at minimum a year.  If you don't have the NLI, there's basically no signing days and other schools could take away a player at pretty much anytime whatsoever.  You think it's Wild West now.  With the only thing tying the player to the school is the financial aid package and scholarship, that's a disaster waiting to happen...there likely will then eventually be no need for the transfer portal...a player will get benched and he'll transfer the next day. 

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1