For Fun!! Predict compensation for Kirk Cousins Tag & Trade deal & team.

aceinthehouse

21 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Actually, it was disputed. Posters here and elsewhere have said we should just ship Kirk out wherever we want to via the tag n trade. My point has always been that if he is not allowed to pick where he wants to play next year, he ain't signing the tag.

Fair enough, I can’t speak for everyone, only for myself. I’ve always thought we MAY, may (if we are lucky) be able to franchise Kirk and let Kirk can work out the long term deal with which team he wants to go to and then we can get back compensation for him.

If it doesn’t work out, so be it. 

23 minutes ago, Woz said:

You seem to think that I want this team to fail miserably.

It's interesting and hopefully not telling.. to me, that you say this. My post did not touch on what you may want or not want. From my recollection of your previous posts, you don't EXPECT team success.. but I have not suspected you to WANT them to fail. 

2 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

It's interesting and hopefully not telling.. to me, that you say this. My post did not touch on what you may want or not want. From my recollection of your previous posts, you don't EXPECT team success.. but I have not suspected you to WANT them to fail. 

How was I supposed to respond when you respond to my post that the Redskins shouldn't risk the fewer-than-normal picks they have by gambling that the NFL won't punish them for violating an explicit term of the CBA?

I went through the 00's watching the Redskins give away draft picks like they were candies on Halloween. I saw what they had to do paper over the lack of young, hungry, cheap talent: first, try to sign overpriced, over-the-hill talent; then followed by trading away picks for players; then followed by using the CBA as written and then getting unjustly punished by the NFL for not going along with their BS collusion.

That was a decade-plus of lost years because the owner and his lackeys did not understand how the CBA and salary cap effectively mandated how you built a team: through the draft with touches of free agents here and there.

The Redskins just made a big trade and extension for an older quarterback. People here are talking about going after all of the top named players like kids hyped up on sugar and caffeine. Then you suggest risking picks.

Should the Redskins actually follow through with these ideas, it would be a bad hallucinatory repeat of every mistake they made in the bad early days of Snyder.

12 minutes ago, Woz said:

1. How was I supposed to respond when you respond

2. Then you suggest risking picks.

1. I'm pointing out that there was zero reason for you to jump to the conclusion : me accusing you of not wanting to win.

At no point was that actually suggested from me. 

2. I merely state that I suspect this happens far more often than fans think. I am not on hands and knees praying for Washington to cheat the system in place. I don't even care if they walk away with 2018 compensation for Kirk versus 2019 compensation. It would be nice to get the former, but it's not a game-changer for me. 

I hope you have been and are relaxed.. because I'm not "coming at you, bruh."  :D

Just now, oldman9er said:

1. I'm pointing out that there was zero reason for you to jump to the conclusion : me accusing you of not wanting to win.

At no point was that actually suggested from me. 

2. I merely state that I suspect this happens far more often than fans think. I am not on hands and knees praying for Washington to cheat the system in place. I don't even care if they walk away with 2018 compensation for Kirk versus 2019 compensation. It would be nice to get the former, but it's not a game-changer for me. 

I hope you have been and are relaxed.. because I'm not "coming at you, bruh."  :D

Sorry, it's been stressful both here and in real life. My apologies.

While I agree that it probably does happen more than fans like, the last thing the Redskins need to do when they're already short a 3rd rounder is putting other picks at risk because someone complains. I have no illusions that the Redskins wouldn't get punished by the NFL front office if it were to get out that we stepped out. It is abundantly clear that the Snyder is not well liked around the league amongst the other owners (Jerry Jones being a notable exception).

1 minute ago, Woz said:

Sorry, it's been stressful both here and in real life. My apologies.

While I agree that it probably does happen more than fans like, the last thing the Redskins need to do when they're already short a 3rd rounder is putting other picks at risk because someone complains. I have no illusions that the Redskins wouldn't get punished by the NFL front office if it were to get out that we stepped out. It is abundantly clear that the Snyder is not well liked around the league amongst the other owners (Jerry Jones being a notable exception).

Cool. No apology necessary. Just wanted to be as clear as possible that there are no ruffled feathers, so to speak.

All in all, I have been talking like I want this tag and trade.. but if the risk were up to me? I would push the Just Move On button. 

Never been much of a gambler. 

Cool. No apology necessary. Just wanted to be as clear as possible that there are no ruffled feathers, so to speak.

All in all, I have been talking like I want this tag and trade.. but if the risk were up to me? I would push the Just Move On button. 

Never been much of a gambler. 

If I thought there was a chance that they could actually get something for Cousins, I'd go along with it (albeit grudgingly since it's kind of crappy). However, I just don't see how it works beyond making the Redskins look like even bigger clowns.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe they do manage to finagle a 2018 pick (maybe with a 2019 pick if Cousins signs a long term deal) out of another franchise. From where I stand/sit, I figure the rest of the league will sit there and wait them out.

4 minutes ago, Woz said:

If I thought there was a chance that they could actually get something for Cousins, I'd go along with it (albeit grudgingly since it's kind of crappy). However, I just don't see how it works beyond making the Redskins look like even bigger clowns.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe they do manage to finagle a 2018 pick (maybe with a 2019 pick if Cousins signs a long term deal) out of another franchise. From where I stand/sit, I figure the rest of the league will sit there and wait them out.

Well, one thing is for sure. We all WILL find out at some point

.. and when we do? I hope posters won't go all into the childish told ya so's. 

giphy.gif

Well, one thing is for sure. We all WILL find out at some point

.. and when we do? I hope posters won't go all into the childish told ya so's. 

It's an internet forum. That's almost certainly happening. I just hope the ones on the "losing" side of the bet graciously admit they were wrong and the "winners" graciously accept those apologies and we all move forward.

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

It's an internet forum. That's almost certainly happening. I just hope the ones on the "losing" side of the bet graciously admit they were wrong and the "winners" graciously accept those apologies and we all move forward.

giphy.gif

Some people gunna be like:

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

59 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Anyone else find that sort of behavior.... kind of sad? 

Or is that just where the funz is found, for so many? Or is it a young people thing?

People want to be right, want to win. It's human nature.

Rubbing it in ... well, it is a football board. One would hope that we wouldn't do it to ourselves, but see point #1.

22 minutes ago, Woz said:

People want to be right, want to win. It's human nature.

Rubbing it in ... well, it is a football board. One would hope that we wouldn't do it to ourselves, but see point #1.

200w.webp

tell me more about these humans, please kind sir.... 

Archived