2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

3 minutes ago, SSG said:

Not me.  I'd rather have the bigger CB than the smaller safety.  Tyrann is more boom or bust with Trumaine being more consistant.  The advanage with Tyrann though is he's like 3 years younger. 

Who am I fooling.... with the current state our secondary, I'd take either.  

Trumaine Johnson is extremely overrated imo and definitely NOT worth 15 mil per year.. I'm just not a fan of him at all. I honestly feel we dodged a bullet with that one.

2 minutes ago, Jmacpackattack said:

I'd imagine the Browns only jump up 2 spots in the draft with that trade?  Steal by NE

Its actually 14 spots but thats really not important. The Browns come out of this looking like idiots, they would have been better off just releasing him.

12 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Patriots don't splash in FA very often but these are the very types of subtle moves that lead to championships. I love the pick-for-player trade concept and we haven't used it in 10+ years in GB.

The Pats have traded away their 2019 3rd rounder and 2018 6th rounder to the Browns for Danny Shelton, Jason McCourty,  a 2018 5th rounder and a 2018 7th rounder. 

Nice. Very very nice.

Just now, Chinaski_86 said:

The Pats have traded away their 2019 3rd rounder and 2018 6th rounder to the Browns for Danny Shelton, Jason McCourty,  a 2018 5th rounder as a 2018 7th rounder. 

Nice. Very very nice.

I thought they had the people in place to avoid this but... Same old Browns...

1 hour ago, Cadmus said:

We don't NEED another 1000 yard guy at WR. 

All we need is a player that can stretch the field AND is capable of being a 700+ yard WR. 

In terms of true UFAs... the only players I see available are Butler, Pryor and Wallace. (Would love to there to be more viable targets, but I don't see any available as UFAs). 

Uh, yah....never said the spike would be 1,000 yards.  I've always like Brice, though, so I'm biased.  Very intrigued by Pryor.  I think he has a very high ceiling with Rodgers, and that career spike could be substantial.

6 minutes ago, bjwpack said:

I thought they had the people in place to avoid this but... Same old Browns...

You can look at it two ways. Could they have gotten more for McCourty? Maybe, but they are were just about to cut him and get nothing. Instead they swung a last second deal and got a 6th. Stupid or savy?

Read online where Cousins tweeted about being "highest paid QB ever"  or something like that.

Rodgers tweeted him back "for 24 hours anyway...."  or something like that....

Maybe that move is now coming and GB will get a little more cap space and take a run at a Honey Badger.  

6 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Uh, yah....never said the spike would be 1,000 yards.  I've always like Brice, though, so I'm biased.  Very intrigued by Pryor.  I think he has a very high ceiling with Rodgers, and that career spike could be substantial.

I'd like Butler in GB. He's a sleeper IMO and a guy who can get deep.

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Read online where Cousins tweeted about being "highest paid QB ever"  or something like that.

Rodgers tweeted him back "for 24 hours anyway...."  or something like that....

Maybe that move is now coming and GB will get a little more cap space and take a run at a Honey Badger.  

I don't see this anywhere.

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

You can look at it two ways. Could they have gotten more for McCourty? Maybe, but they are were just about to cut him and get nothing. Instead they swung a last second deal and got a 6th. Stupid or savy?

The team announced that they were cutting McCourty and the Patriots called before they had shredded his contract and offered to swap late round picks. All it shows is that they never even tried to trade him because they could have gotten a lot more if they did.

4 minutes ago, bjwpack said:

The team announced that they were cutting McCourty and the Patriots called before they had shredded his contract and offered to swap late round picks. All it shows is that they never even tried to trade him because they could have gotten a lot more if they did.

Im just going to pretend that the Browns were doing him a solid by releasing him so he could pick his team but when NE called he wanted to play with his brother anyways so the Browns at least got something for it.

9 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Im just going to pretend that the Browns were doing him a solid by releasing him so he could pick his team but when NE called he wanted to play with his brother anyways so the Browns at least got something for it.

Seems very logical to me. 

Archived