2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

1 minute ago, Jaegybomb said:

Even if OBJ was a free agent and we didn't have to give up any picks would you outbid every other team for him? He's going to be a circus attraction to sell tickets for some team that has nothing else going for it.

The teams that would move for Beckham would need A) Tons of Cap and a QB on the cheap. B) Ideally a showboat owner looking to sell tickets. 

Not sure who hits both of those. 

1 minute ago, Leader said:

It only works if you can sign him to a long term contract which I don't think we have the cap nor the means of doing that. That is on top of the fact that hes a head case and possibly getting suspended. 

2 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

It only works if you can sign him to a long term contract which I don't think we have the cap nor the means of doing that. That is on top of the fact that hes a head case and possibly getting suspended. 

Everybody (well, not everybody......) keeps talking about cutting Cobb eh?? Hmmmmmmmm.....

Keeps talking about how Cobb doesnt play up to his contract?? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........

Everybody (well, not everybody......) keeps talking about cutting Cobb eh?? Hmmmmmmmm.....

Keeps talking about how Cobb doesnt play up to his contract?? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........

You would have to I would think. It would be an awsome addition to the offense but I just don't know if it would even work. If he had 2 years on his contract I would be really thinking about it. Him, Adams, and Graham would be an scary good. 

Let's ask Aaron:

Aaron....how would you consider reducing your contract demands so we can buy you a new toy?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...................................................

Of the League leading WR variety.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......................................

We've noticed you have some "empty" fingers.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........................................

He's probably going to end up a Patriot and will break Moss' TD record with Brady. 

I get that all of you hate his personality, which is your right, but we are acting like because he smoked a blunt and gets emotional on the field, he is this horrible person/locker room cancer. 

He has a right to ask to be paid as much as possible, that doesn't mean he is going to get it. You guys apparently have no idea how negotiations work. Rodgers is entering his twighlight years, giving him an elite talent is a dream scenario. ODB would by far and away be the best player Rodgers has ever played with. This guy has historic numbers and is just entering his prime. 

1 minute ago, Spartacus said:

You would have to I would think. It would be an awsome addition to the offense but I just don't know if it would even work. If he had 2 years on his contract I would be really thinking about it. Him, Adams, and Graham would be an scary good. 

He does. You could FT for two years beyond this one................

He does. You could FT for two years beyond this one................

Except he's holding out without a new deal. 

Gutey calling Arod: "Hey, Aaron. We could trade picks for a diva WR, but he will only play if he's paid more than you. OK with it?".
AR: "Mmmwhaaat? Is it April Fools already?"
Gutey: "No, it's totes real. Oh, but he'll get suspended for drugs and so won't get paid more than you!"
AR: "Are you off the wagon, Brian? You should see someone."
Gutey: "Oh, and you must take a discount on your extension..."
AR: ---CLICK---

1 minute ago, salmar80 said:

Except he's holding out without a new deal. 

Gutey calling Arod: "Hey, Aaron. We could trade picks for a diva WR, but he will only play if he's paid more than you. OK with it?".
AR: "Mmmwhaaat? Is it April Fools already?"
Gutey: "No, it's totes real. Oh, but he'll get suspended for drugs and so won't get paid more than you!"
AR: "Are you off the wagon, Brian? You should see someone."
Gutey: "Oh, and you must take a discount on your extension..."
AR: ---CLICK---

Ahhhhhhhh.....the world of the impossible. A tough place to live I'm sure :)

Archived