2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

I don't even like Butler but why does everyone think he's bad exactly? Like I'm confused.

He seems pretty straight forward to me, Brett covered it partially too. Kid can stick with Antonio Brown but you can't set him over Green or Julio. BUT, a big but, although we saw the JJ thing early, if you think King can be that guy, even with some help, he could be a decent running mate. It would be better than doing nothing.

Feel like the benching put an unfair taste on everyone's mouth. Feel like he had HaHa syndrome last year, in his own head stuff with his future and Gilmore around. That should settle with a new team and a new deal.

Again, not much of a fan but there's some merits to it...

6 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I don't even like Butler but why does everyone think he's bad exactly? Like I'm confused.

He seems pretty straight forward to me, Brett covered it partially too. Kid can stick with Antonio Brown but you can't set him over Green or Julio. BUT, a big but, although we saw the JJ thing early, if you think King can be that guy, even with some help, he could be a decent running mate. It would be better than doing nothing.

Feel like the benching put an unfair taste on everyone's mouth. Feel like he had HaHa syndrome last year, in his own head stuff with his future and Gilmore around. That should settle with a new team and a new deal.

Again, not much of a fan but there's some merits to it...

Tend to agree Norm.  I think it’s going to be the case where if he signs with the right team, he may shine again and make other teams wish they’d have pulled the trigger.  Then again, he could be past his prime and won’t really make much of a splash.  Hard to say, but I think he probably has something left in the tank, and for the right price, I think he could be a solid contributor.

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

Tend to agree Norm.  I think it’s going to be the case where if he signs with the right team, he may shine again and make other teams wish they’d have pulled the trigger.  Then again, he could be past his prime and won’t really make much of a splash.  Hard to say, but I think he probably has something left in the tank, and for the right price, I think he could be a solid contributor.

Yeah he turns 28 in a couple days so it's not like he's super young. I hadn't even thought about past his prime thing by he could be around that spot.

1 minute ago, persiandud said:

i just think he'll be overpaid. he's a decent player for sure, but certain variables will drive his price up to uncomfortable levels

I think he was going to be. After getting benched and having to deal with whatever that all was, that probably reigns it in some. I don't think he'll get any "Patriots bump" just because of how it ended. He's small and not really a #1. 

We'll see. I don't expect anything too wild on him myself.

3 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Yeah he turns 28 in a couple days so it's not like he's super young. I hadn't even thought about past his prime thing by he could be around that spot.

Technically, he should be right in the middle of his prime, for his age at that position, so it’s more likely than not that he has several good years left.  Which makes me scratch my head even more at his 2017 season, and how it ended.  Just strange.

2 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Technically, he should be right in the middle of his prime, for his age at that position, so it’s more likely than not that he has several good years left.  Which makes me scratch my head even more at his 2017 season, and how it ended.  Just strange.

I think I get what happened all year. I am just lost with the benching thing. So odd. Kind of forgot all about it until this

1 minute ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I think I get what happened all year. I am just lost with the benching thing. So odd. Kind of forgot all about it until this

I’m actually warming up to him as a possible signing.  His age (relatively young) and his experience could be a solid acquisition for GB, but as others have noted, he just might not be available for a price that makes sense.

1 hour ago, tredpack said:

No thanks on Butler. ...I’d rather get a draft pick on the cheap then bring on Fuller for high dollars.....

You only get one first round pick and one second round pick.  Using those is anything but "cheap", they are super valuable.  

Just now, Sasquatch said:

Glennon to be released from the Bears, and I read where the Packers should consider him as a backup to ARod.  What kind of price tag you think he’d command and would he be worth it?

I'm not saying he's a bum but I'd just rather have a more mobile backup myself.

8 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I'm not saying he's a bum but I'd just rather have a more mobile backup myself.

Like Hundley?

Just kidding as I actually prefer that as well.  Hoping Hundley does not need to see the field during regular season action in meaningful minutes.

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Like Hundley?

Just kidding as I actually prefer that as well.  Hoping Hundley does not need to see the field during regular season action in meaningful minutes.

I might literally take him over Glennon...

Hundley was bad. I was mad. I probably hated him and wished horrible things upon him. But a lot of it was him being a victim of expectations. He's not the worst backup possible or anything. 

The rumors of Gronkowski not really wanting to retire, but not wanting to play for the Patriots are interesting.  Allegedly, he wanted to do what Brady's trainer wanted.  New England didn't want that.  He almost retired in training camp of this past season. 

Bakhtiari just tried recruiting him here with Twitter.  He also tried recruiting Wilkerson, which I don't like. 

Archived