CriminalMind

Vikings to hire John DeFilippo as OC

I'd be pretty damn worried if we paid $84 million for a quarterback and didn't build the offense specifically for him. That doesn't sound like the Vikings, that sounds more like ...

Somebody help me out here. What was a team that went to the trouble of getting a really good high-priced QB and then tied his hands with an ineffective offense? :P

Rudolph, who is 100 percent healthy after battling ankle injuries last season, said DeFilippo's offensive system is staying fairly consistent from that of Pat Shurmur, so far.

Rudolph: “It’s not all that different. Terminology is different, we use different words and every word has a meaning. For us, there’s a few words this year that have different meanings than in the past, but a lot of the same concepts.”

http://www.startribune.com/kyle-rudolph-harrison-smith-friendship-began-with-a-fight-at-irish-camp/487576381/

Isn't he being overly simplistic* when he talks about a new coordinator using different words than a previous coordinator?

Isn't there different terminology for every coordinator? 

*I'd know a thing or two about being overly simplistic so that's why I ask haha

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Isn't there different terminology for every coordinator? 

DeFilippo: "A lot of the verbage stays the same. I took the liberty of learning a lot of the verbage used here last season, and we've tried to make is as simple a learning process for the players and coaches as possible."

https://www.vikings.com/video/defilippo-details-offense-s-progress-looks-ahead-to-training-camp