The Official Michigan Wolverines Thread

1King

• 1 month later...
49 minutes ago, ahoda said:

If they had a good season I'd probably be more excited for it, but 2017 blew up in their face so rehashing it for me would probably make me angry.  lol

True but it gives you a pretty good look into behind the scenes.  Been interesting watching harbs  and his personality. Gray comes off very overdramatic IMO. The segment they had with Newsom and his injury was pretty good.

It's a good look at the players. I think the QBs don't come off great most of the time, especially Speight. O'Korn lashed out at Gentry after the Rutgers pick where he underthrew the ball while Gentry had a massive height advantage that was pretty bad. Grant Newsome is awesome. Jennifer Coney is awesome. I think most of the team comes off pretty likable, especially in the face of a tough season. I also loved Mo Hurst's segment as an Uber driver where a student gets in and has student tickets, but has no idea who Mo is even though he's an All-American and potential first rounder

Also feel like it'll make people like Pep more. Such brutal circumstances for a passing game coordinator.

It's definitely not all roses. I'm sure they cut out a ton of really bad stuff they caught, but they're not trying to make it seem like Michigan had a perfect season. Pretty cool to have Mark Harmon narrate given his connections to the program

Edited by JammerHammer21
  • Like 1

On 4/6/2018 at 3:43 PM, JammerHammer21 said:

It's a good look at the players. I think the QBs don't come off great most of the time, especially Speight. O'Korn lashed out at Gentry after the Rutgers pick where he underthrew the ball while Gentry had a massive height advantage that was pretty bad. Grant Newsome is awesome. Jennifer Coney is awesome. I think most of the team comes off pretty likable, especially in the face of a tough season. I also loved Mo Hurst's segment as an Uber driver where a student gets in and has student tickets, but has no idea who Mo is even though he's an All-American and potential first rounder

Also feel like it'll make people like Pep more. Such brutal circumstances for a passing game coordinator.

It's definitely not all roses. I'm sure they cut out a ton of really bad stuff they caught, but they're not trying to make it seem like Michigan had a perfect season. Pretty cool to have Mark Harmon narrate given his connections to the program

Watching it made me so upset about Pep. Seems like the Hue Jackson on staff and didn’t allow him to do the things he wants to do. It does make you like pep. The one thing about it it has made Harbs Pep and Browns more likeable. Great recruiting tool. This also has to give Pep a great resume addition too if he ever seeks to be a HC. He looked great handling guys in the QB room and looked great in the box even when things went bad

Playe wise. It made me really like Black and DPJ, wish tOSU would of gotten him lol. Newsome stuff was tough but watching him interact with that little boy was great stuff. Spotlighting the RB was nice. I can’t imagine how tough it is to do the things for football and school while having a daughter. 

I want to say so far this has made me like Michigan more, as much as an tOSU fan can lol I can’t wait to get to the tOSU game episode. Everyone they spot lighted I liked more except for Gray. Idk, the way he reacted to that first lost, either he was truly   Acting and being dramatic for the cameras or that he is that overdramatize about things. All i know is I want Mo Hurst playing next to Garrett now. 

Corniest thing was Harbs giving the helmet to the Pope lol 

Edited by buno67
  • Like 1

On 4/6/2018 at 5:06 PM, Thelonebillsfan said:

Huh kinda cool that it's us not an NFL team this year.

That said I have literally 0 desire toever revisit last season ever again so imma pass.

It shouldn’t even be able revisiting the season, it’s all about getting that inside look to the team. I loved the Cardinals one, the rams one was ok, and was excited to see a college team. 

It was cool, two years ago tOSU had the hard knocks type show on BTN and it was cool to see Michigan on this. 

It's actually really cool. Watched a few episodes. I agree with @JammerHammer21. The QBs (Speight and O'Korn) come out of this series looking really, really bad. Just bad leaders that seem really out of sync with reality and also with the rest of the roster.

Don Brown, as expected, was incredible. Pep Hamilton did come across a lot better than I expected. Was a pleasant surprise.

The story about Higdon and his daughter was great. Same with Grant Newsome working back towards playing (he's starting up at the Ford School next year for a grad program I think). Was really interesting watching the scene with Gary and his mom talking about his past and his father.

You could see some of the problems that have surfaced recently and been talked about in the context of change for next season. Harbaugh comes across as a bit goofy at times but we already knew he was like that. Some of his speeches to the team were pretty solid and some just seemed to fall flat and some were just weird.

My biggest negative takeaway from this is that this is a ridiculously entitled program. It's something we knew about the fan base already. But I was kind of stunned at how entitled this football team seemed. It was clear as day with the QBs but you could even tell it was there with Harbaugh.

Maybe it's personal preference for me in terms of how people coach and how people lead. I just cringe every time Harbaugh says "we have the most wins in college football history". So what? And? Is that helping this team win? Do those past wins help? Why not tell those players that the history is great but it doesn't matter because these guys can make their own story and if they work and do something special, they'll stand out in that history? I just think that this type of entitlement is poison for a football team. And just from a few episodes, it seems to be permeating through this football program and I'm really not exactly sure why that is. They haven't done enough in recent memory to justify that type of entitlement.

Edited by RollEagles

4 hours ago, buno67 said:

Watching it made me so upset about Pep. Seems like the Hue Jackson on staff and didn’t allow him to do the things he wants to do. It does make you like pep. The one thing about it it has made Harbs Pep and Browns more likeable. Great recruiting tool. This also has to give Pep a great resume addition too if he ever seeks to be a HC. He looked great handling guys in the QB room and looked great in the box even when things went bad

Playe wise. It made me really like Black and DPJ, wish tOSU would of gotten him lol. Newsome stuff was tough but watching him interact with that little boy was great stuff. Spotlighting the RB was nice. I can’t imagine how tough it is to do the things for football and school while having a daughter. 

I want to say so far this has made me like Michigan more, as much as an tOSU fan can lol I can’t wait to get to the tOSU game episode. Everyone they spot lighted I liked more except for Gray. Idk, the way he reacted to that first lost, either he was truly   Acting and being dramatic for the cameras or that he is that overdramatize about things. All i know is I want Mo Hurst playing next to Garrett now. 

Corniest thing was Harbs giving the helmet to the Pope lol 

Think Gary's just a pretty passionate guy, and it's definitely difficult to hold up a lot like Michigan's defense did, and consistently get let down. The difference between the defense and offense is kind of wild. That defense is such an emotional unit compared to the offense. The scene with Gary talking to his mom about his dad not talking to him was tough.

Pep definitely comes off great from this. The guy had to tell Speight how to lead lol. Seems like he's a good teacher, and you could tell he was frustrated with what he had to work with. O'Korn couldn't make plays, and the OL couldn't block, so it's pretty hard to look good as a PGC when the circumstances are so bad. Guess we'll see what happens if Shea gets eligible. If not, Peters vs. McCaffrey for the job will be interesting.

9 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

It's actually really cool. Watched a few episodes. I agree with @JammerHammer21. The QBs (Speight and O'Korn) come out of this series looking really, really bad. Just bad leaders that seem really out of sync with reality and also with the rest of the roster.

Don Brown, as expected, was incredible. Pep Hamilton did come across a lot better than I expected. Was a pleasant surprise.

You could see some of the problems that have surfaced recently and been talked about in the context of change for next season. Harbaugh comes across as a bit goofy at times but we already knew he was like that. Some of his speeches to the team were pretty solid and some just seemed to fall flat and some were just weird.

My biggest negative takeaway from this is that this is a ridiculously entitled program. It's something we knew about the fan base already. But I was kind of stunned at how entitled this football team seemed. It was clear as day with the QBs but you could even tell it was there with Harbaugh.

Maybe it's personal preference for me in terms of how people coach and how people lead. I just cringe every time Harbaugh says "we have the most wins in college football history". So what? And? Is that helping this team win? Do those past wins help? Why not tell those players that the history is great but it doesn't matter because these guys can make their own story and if they work and do something special, they'll stand out in that history? I just think that this type of entitlement is poison for a football team. And just from a few episodes, it seems to be permeating through this football program and I'm really not exactly sure why that is. They haven't done enough in recent memory to justify that type of entitlement.

Idk, think it's just something coaches have to do. Like Pep has to tell O'Korn he's ready and he's capable, but his reaction when they had to put O'Korn in after Peters got hurt made it clear that Pep was pretty frustrated. It's like when he stands there and tells them they'll beat PSU or OSU. It's what he has to do.

Also have to take into account what they don't show. I would be surprised if Harbaugh never ripped into the team at any point. But they aren't going to show that when they can control what is seen. They definitely didn't fluff up an average season that much, but they also aren't going to show the really nasty stuff either (assuming it exists)

The QBs did come off as very entitled to me. As someone who has had friends work with the program, I haven't heard the best things about O'Korn from them. He doesn't seem like a bad guy, but both he and Speight seemed to lump more blame on others (aside from O'Korn after the OSU game).

Edited by JammerHammer21

2 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Idk, think it's just something coaches have to do. Like Pep has to tell O'Korn he's ready and he's capable, but his reaction when they had to put O'Korn in after Peters got hurt made it clear that Pep was pretty frustrated. It's like when he stands there and tells them they'll beat PSU or OSU. It's what he has to do.

Yeah I'm ok with coaches doing that and telling them they can beat those teams is good.

But it seemed like more than that at times. Like I mentioned earlier, Harbaugh keeps saying that Michigan has the most wins in history like that's supposed to change something. And you can tell that this sort of thing at the very least impacted the QB room. I remember in the episode before the Penn State game, O'Korn said something like "Penn State is scared of Michigan." And we had Speight and O'Korn in the whole series acting like they were some sort of incredible talents.

The entitlement didn't really come across with the defense based on the show. Those guys seemed to push each other in the scenes they showed and Don Brown really pushed his guys. But the offense and, in particular, the QBs and Harbaugh bugged me the most in terms of being entitled. Pep's stuff didn't bother me as much.

Although, there was a scene early in the show when Pep told Speight what to tell Black after a drive. Word for word. Like Pep told Speight what to say exactly. It was kind of weird.

33 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

Yeah I'm ok with coaches doing that and telling them they can beat those teams is good.

But it seemed like more than that at times. Like I mentioned earlier, Harbaugh keeps saying that Michigan has the most wins in history like that's supposed to change something. And you can tell that this sort of thing at the very least impacted the QB room. I remember in the episode before the Penn State game, O'Korn said something like "Penn State is scared of Michigan." And we had Speight and O'Korn in the whole series acting like they were some sort of incredible talents.

The entitlement didn't really come across with the defense based on the show. Those guys seemed to push each other in the scenes they showed and Don Brown really pushed his guys. But the offense and, in particular, the QBs and Harbaugh bugged me the most in terms of being entitled. Pep's stuff didn't bother me as much.

Although, there was a scene early in the show when Pep told Speight what to tell Black after a drive. Word for word. Like Pep told Speight what to say exactly. It was kind of weird.

There were a couple times where Speight repeated exactly what Pep told him. Like he didn't know what to say to his teammates without Pep telling him.

• Like 1