Restructure:

Clay Matthews & Jordy Nelson 

Resigned:

Davon House, Richard Rodgers & Quinton Dial

Free Agents:

Donte Moncrief, TJ Carrie, Trent Murphy & Kony Ealy 

The Draft:

1: Derwin James S/Hybrid LB FSU

- FREAK!!! Can't pass on that and I don't think any pass rusher besides Chubb is rated high enough for me here but James is someone that can play almost anywhere and I can't wait for Pettine to design a defense around him.

2:  Isaiah Wynn G Georgia 

- RG from day 1 and I can't wait to see him push DT around.

3: Brian O'Neill

- I love Buluga but I think his time is over because of health concerns and $. Spriggs and O'Neill battle it out and I think it's a better battle in camp. Also it gives up great depth with those two and McCray plus Wynn could always kick out if needed.

3 Comp: Hayden Hurst TE South Carolina

-Pretty much a main stay in my mocks and my favorite TE. Watching his tape I want him to be a Packer no fear over the middle.

4: JC Jackson CB Maryland 

- Lets be honest the back end needs better players and needs depth it showed last year. Played well this year and could push for 4th corner this year and maybe start opp King with Randall in the slot.

5: Kevin Toliver II CB LSU

- We need talent if here easy pick

5 Comp: Kentavius Street OLB/DE NC State

- FREAK and another guy I want. Needs time but I think our staff can put him in some packages and let him just unleash his abilities. Def needs time to refine his craft.

5 Comp: Equanimeous St Brown WR Notre Dame

- Polished Receiver for A Rod to use.

5 Comp: Bradley Bozeman C Alabama 

- More depth in case Corey goes down

6: Deadrin Senat DT South Florida

- Adds Depth to the DT 

7: Antonio Callaway WR Florida

- Falls because of off the field but can't pass him up here.

7 Comp: Natrell Jamerson S WI

-Special teams ace and replaces Janis which saves us money even tho Janis wouldn't cost a ton. 

I don’t understand cutting Bulaga? When healthy we don’t have to worry so why have a question mark going into the season. If he can comeback strong and the medical team is confident. I have to agree on the pass rushing comment, I agree if you don’t want to reach but might have to trade back up into the 1st.

I am hoping that Ealy and Murphy can help with the pash rush as well as a rejuvenated Perry and Clay with the new coaching. Those four plus Daniels and Clark pushing the pocket I am very comfortable with.

My board fell heavy on OL and keeping Arod up right is crucial to me.

Cutting BB is tough but he prob won't be ready to start the season and also he has a lot of injuries plus we need money to fix the defense and pay the most important player in football. Just my thoughts 

Great draft. Really like Wynn. Derwin is intriguing. For some reason I get a little disappointed when I see us taking him but Im confident he'll be really good at the next level. I would like to see a pass rusher in the third. 

Why do you think Mathews will restructure?

11 hours ago, LuckyIrish23 said:

I don’t understand cutting Bulaga? When healthy we don’t have to worry so why have a question mark going into the season. If he can comeback strong and the medical team is confident. I have to agree on the pass rushing comment, I agree if you don’t want to reach but might have to trade back up into the 1st.

I have a feeling neither Bulaga or Cobb will be cut.

Intriguing.  Like it overall, but to nitpick a little......

I don't think we will sign two CBs AND two DEs FAs.  Carrie is a slot CB which is where Randall should play unless you're moving Randall outside.  House is then STer?  Murphy or Ealy, but not both.  Why draft two CBs if you're signing two FA CBs? Overkill. Like James in the first and Wynn in the second, but an OLB in the third instead of O'Neill. I still believe Spriggs will be fine at OT. Hurst is a nice TE and K-Street in the 5th would be great (if he lasts that long).  EQ will go much earlier.

Overall, nice job.  James, Wynn, KStreet and Jackson in the draft would be awesome.

King, Randall, Carrie, House, Jackson and Toliver

I don't think is over kill in fact I love the depth can play in special teams because in his mock I don't have us keeping Janis and to be honest T Davis can go as well. 

Plus to go with HaHa, James, Jones and Brice 

I love that back end on defense 

Archived