BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

We don't know that for sure. The official word is he was hurt, what was reported all week.  Unless unnamed team sources become named coaches or brown himself, it's not a good idea to speculate on a matter of this importance.  For all we know this could be people with ulterior motives 

Edited by bcb1213
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

From what little I read it sounds more like he pitched a fit during practice and was benched.  Not sure if the injury would have held him out if he had kept his cool.

For much of the season I made my votes on how they performed that week.  With the bizzbowl taking place on week 17 it kinda screws it.

Official team report 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2812875-antonio-brown-out-vs-bengals-with-knee-injury.amp.html

5 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Thats fine.

What about Tyron Smith?  Injury report listed him as questionable with a neck injury.

Tyron Smith T Neck Limited Participation in Practice Questionable

This is why I'm not a fan of having games in bdl taking place during week 17.  With Smith listed as questionable regardless if the team decided to bench him in a meaningless game, he should still be considered injured.

Edited by ny92mike

“Coming out of the game, also, AB experienced some knee discomfort,” Tomlin said Friday of Brown’s participation in Week 16’s 31-28 loss to the Saints. “I gave him a vet day on Wednesday like I give a lot of vet days to guys. He got in here yesterday. He didn’t feel comfortable enough to do it. We sent him for tests today. We’ll get the results of those tests and have more information. Obviously he’s a veteran player. If it gets better, there’s not a lot of physical repetitions needed to perform. We’ll see where all of that goes.”

From Tomlin himself.  He's not a beat around the bush kind of coach. 

Edited by bcb1213

Having to sort out if an inactive is because he was injured or if the team sat him because they wanted to keep him fresh takes some time to sort out.

I can understand Brees and Kamara being inactive as neither are listed on the injury report.

http://www.nfl.com/injuries

But those that are listed on the injury report and don't play should be considered injured.

2 cents.

2 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

“Coming out of the game, also, AB experienced some knee discomfort,” Tomlin said Friday of Brown’s participation in Week 16’s 31-28 loss to the Saints. “I gave him a vet day on Wednesday like I give a lot of vet days to guys. He got in here yesterday. He didn’t feel comfortable enough to do it. We sent him for tests today. We’ll get the results of those tests and have more information. Obviously he’s a veteran player. If it gets better, there’s not a lot of physical repetitions needed to perform. We’ll see where all of that goes.”

From Tomlin himself.  He's not a beat around the bush kind of coach. 

That's fine man, if he's hurt he's hurt.  I had just read that part of it may have been his attitude.

I looked and he is listed on the injury report as questionable so I'm good with that.  Just saying we shouldn't cherry pick.  Smith didn't play but he was also listed as questionable on the injury report.

Look, we can argue back and forth on this.  We all know the cowboys sat Smith Martin and zeke cause it didn't matter.  Hell half the world yelled at him for having Prescott in.  I'm 95% sure everyone else here thinks Smith would have played had it mattered 

21 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Look, we can argue back and forth on this.  We all know the cowboys sat Smith Martin and zeke cause it didn't matter.  Hell half the world yelled at him for having Prescott in.  I'm 95% sure everyone else here thinks Smith would have played had it mattered 

Those other names you mentioned weren't on the injury report.  That's the point I'm trying to make.  I'm sure if the game was important he very well may have started, but of the names you mentioned Smith was listed on the injury report as questionable, while the others were not.

I'm perfectly fine with overlooking inactives that aren't listed on the injury reports, but it's hard for me to overlook players listed on the injury report and didn't play.

A. Brown's injury stats is "Not Injury Related"  -  Did Not Participate In Practice    Questionable

T. Smith injury is listed as     Neck    Limited Participation in Practice    Questionable

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Those other names you mentioned weren't on the injury report.  That's the point I'm trying to make.  I'm sure if the game was important he very well may have started, but of the names you mentioned Smith was listed on the injury report as questionable, while the others were not.

I'm perfectly fine with overlooking inactives that aren't listed on the injury reports, but it's hard for me to overlook players listed on the injury report and didn't play.

A. Brown's injury stats is "Not Injury Related"  -  Did Not Participate In Practice    Questionable

T. Smith injury is listed as     Neck    Limited Participation in Practice    Questionable

Read your own link man!  Said full participant then limited to not risk anything.  Verbatim 

6 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Read your own link man!  Said full participant then limited to not risk anything.  Verbatim 

I did, he's injured and was downgraded to limited on friday.  Again, I've got no issue with players being benched in meaningless games that aren't injured, but Smith is injured and listed as such on the nfl website.  Everywhere that I'm reading has him dealing with a neck injury.

He's injured man just because dallas didn't want to future risk a more severe injury and sat him doesn't mean he isn't injured.

What does the injury report say?  Does it list his name?  

Again, if he wasn't listed on the injury report as questionable I'd have no issue overlooking him starting in bdl just as you've got Brees starting.

1 hour ago, ny92mike said:

Would you at least concede that Smith wouldn't be playing his best game, if he had started?

I'm just having a difficult time overlooking his injury.    

He's been gimpy for weeks.  Questionable literally every week so he'd be playing like the last couple weeks if that helps