BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Or the vaunted 2 RB backfield, because that other RB can't be stopped in the passing game. Especially Royce Freeman, who is such an incredible receiver. 

Why are you being such a **** right now?

If you want me to leave this group just say so.  No need to be a ****.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

That's what I thought you were saying.

You pulled two quotes of me saying you were starting the wrong qb and that a powerful defensive front, even though I'm not impressed with the linebackers or cornerbacks, that it was enough to limit Rogers and get some sacks. 

How does this have me saying that QB is the end all be all to game planning?

I love Aaron Rodgers. He’s one of the best player in the leauge, it’s not simply that. Rodgers was effectively playing on one leg and finished with 6 YPA and 61%, significantly under his standards. And yet it didn’t matter bc it was Rodgers was the opponent on a week his opposing QB wasn’t as good. 

5 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Why are you being such a **** right now?

If you want me to leave this group just say so.  No need to be a ****.

That actually wasn't directed towards you, that was to @PR who said Royce Freeman catching the ball out of the backfield was the tipping point to beat me. Forgot he was even on your team.

I don't want you to leave, seriously.

• Like 1

For me, the younger and less proven a player, the more I take weekly performance into account.  

Even if Brees has a bad week, he is still Brees.  At some point, you know what a guy is or is not.  Now, if Brees is hampered due to injury, I do consider that.  

I do think people get a bit too caught up in QBs(especially considering my track record), but it is the most impactful position in sports for a reason.  And that can't be ignored.

That said, others will view it differently, and while I might not agree, the difference in views is one of the things I enjoy about BDL.  If everyone thought that exact same way, it would be very boring.

Edited by Ragnarok
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

I love Aaron Rodgers. He’s one of the best player in the leauge, it’s not simply that. Rodgers was effectively playing on one leg and finished with 6 YPA and 61%, significantly under his standards. And yet it didn’t matter bc it was Rodgers was the opponent on a week his opposing QB wasn’t as good. 

No...you're wrong.

The reason I voted against you in that game was because, you had no running game.  Had nothing to do with quarterback play or lack thereof.

I also said, " Kirk’s only attempted over 50 twice before, so clearly not the norm as I think he does just like with any quarterback, need to have a running game to bring the safeties down and to slow the rush".

• Like 2

And mike, a lot of us have known each other for years and some have even met.  And we have all had major arguments over the years over players, rules, contracts, etc.  But it is never legitimately personal.  Even if pheltz votes against me because his Alzheimer's flares and he forgets how awesome my team is.

I know you are newer, but trust me in that no one wants you to leave.  We have just adopted you into our weird BDL family very quickly and might sometimes forget that you don't know us quite as well as we know each other.  

• Like 3

No...you're wrong.

The reason I voted against you in that game was because, you had no running game.  Had nothing to do with quarterback play or lack thereof.

I also said, " Kirk’s only attempted over 50 twice before, so clearly not the norm as I think he does just like with any quarterback, need to have a running game to bring the safeties down and to slow the rush".

It is what it is. Fwiw and I’ve said it before I’m extremely adamant about my team and I don’t mind calling out what I believe is incorrect. End of the day, I clearly value being in the leauge and understand this is based on subjectivity. No matter whom you vote for every week someone will (through their own interpretation) have a means to justify you perspective being incorrect.

5 minutes ago, Jlash said:

That actually wasn't directed towards you, that was to @PR who said Royce Freeman catching the ball out of the backfield was the tipping point to beat me. Forgot he was even on your team.

I don't want you to leave, seriously.

That was a great game plan, got several comments on that and it worked to perfection.  Don't recall saying Freeman would be catching the ball.

Either way, your comments about the way I've managed this team are a turnoff.  I put a ton of time into this sim and would love to do more.  I fully participate in every aspect of this sim.  My game plans are well thought out as is my evaluations of other matchups.  But all of this stuff is a turnoff and doesn't help retention imo.  

I'm all for a little ribbing and trash talking but it doesn't seem like that's what you are doing, if feels like you're trying to drive me out.  I know you weren't a fan of me coming back, which is why I'm asking if you'd rather me not be involved, just say it.  

• Like 1

That was a great game plan, got several comments on that and it worked to perfection.  Don't recall saying Freeman would be catching the ball.

Either way, your comments about the way I've managed this team are a turnoff.  I put a ton of time into this sim and would love to do more.  I fully participate in every aspect of this sim.  My game plans are well thought out as is my evaluations of other matchups.  But all of this stuff is a turnoff and doesn't help retention imo.  

I'm all for a little ribbing and trash talking but it doesn't seem like that's what you are doing, if feels like you're trying to drive me out.  I know you weren't a fan of me coming back, which is why I'm asking if you'd rather me not be involved, just say it.  

I recall saying this earlier and you may have thought it was facetious, but you haven’t been in BDL until you are about to quit.

• Like 3

Just now, ny92mike said:

if feels like you're trying to drive me out.  I know you weren't a fan of me coming back, which is why I'm asking if you'd rather me not be involved, just say it.  

Absolutely not man. Was I wary when you initially wanted to jump back in? Sure, because the first time you jumped in you bailed pretty quickly and was worried about it happening again. I think you've done a great job, your write ups are always on point and you're one of the most active owners to this point. Those are the best kind of owners. I think you're great. I just like to give people a hard time. I'll keep your feelings in mind from now on.

And the Royce Freeman thing wasn't about you, it was about PR.

If you feel invested and have been here for a couple months, imagine the people that Rags mentioned whom have been doing this for years. I’ve been much more vocal about perceived b.s. but I’ve seen every one at some point get frustrated with others perceptions and things of the sort.