LB: Mark Barron
CB: Tre'Davious White
CB: Adoree Jackson
S: Tony Jefferson
S: Devin McCourty
S: Earl Thomas

Cap Space: 33k
Team Needs: 3 WRs, C, 2 INT, CB

Ruskie's inherited a tough job here from one of our premier scrub hoarders. The Myles Garrett trade looks terrible now, not because of Garrett but because of the holes this team has. If it was the last piece, fine, but this is a team that needs a lot of pieces. Seriously, I don't know where the points are coming from. The OL will probably be solid, which is redeeming I guess. Luck is an unknown at this point and Mariota if he starts is a low end BDL QB. Robby Anderson had a nice year, but his character concerns and the return on Enunwa & signing of Pryor could put his spot in jeopardy. The other two are no.2 receivers with a bit of upside, but counting on them in the BDL at this stage isn't wise. 

Defensively, the DE duo & White are dope + the safety trio is good. Could use help everywhere else though, especially on the interior unless Collins & Ogunjubi take huge leaps this year, which is probably unlikely. It's going to be a pretty light team as well so I can see the ball being run on them pretty effectively as well, neutralising the advantage Mack and Garrett give. 

I could see some ugly results if it falls behind early as it hasn't got the passing game to keep up with teams nor the D to stop the run. At best it takes early leads and manages to grind out results while some 3 safety looks take away the passing game. That won't happen often though.

• Like 3

Camden Hood Rats:

QB: Jacoby Brissett
RB: Devonta Freeman
WR: Odell Beckham
WR: Josh Gordon
TE: David Njoku
TE: Evan Engram
LT: Taylor Decker
LG: Ronald Leary
C:
RG: Larry Warford
RT: Cedric Ogbuehi

Edge: Chandler Jones
INT: Akiem Hicks
INT: Grady Jarrett
INT: David Irving
Edge: Yannick Ngakoue
ILB: Jamie Collins
CB: Kevin Johnson
CB: Kayvon Webster
CB: Akhello Witherspoon
SS: Jamal Adams
FS: Kevin Byard

Cap Space: 60k
Team Needs: QB, C, RT, CB

Obviously no real assessment can be made on Camden until they acquire their QB, whether through the draft or FA/Shark Tank. What we can say though is it's a team with a few holes, but is loaded with young talent. The WR & TE group has the potential to be the most dynamic in the league and Dede Westbrook is waiting in the wings too. The offensive line will probably end up being a below average unit given the questions at C & RT, though if Decker can improve next year that will help a lot.

On D this team looks spooky. Jarrett, Irving, Ngakoue, Adams and Byard are all great young talents. Chandler is a top 10 if not 5 edge rusher in the league & Hicks you could say the same for as an interior defender. The CB situation isn't ideal, although Witherspoon looks as though he could be a reasonable starter in the future.

While I'm ranking this team 15th, this probably won't be the case after FA once the starting QB is decided and the holes are filled. Given the young talent & cap space available, this team is a definite playoff contender if the young guys all continue to grow and the QB situation ends up working.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WFLukic said:

Safety was also a completely barren market this year while the guard market had some pretty big contracts handed out in FA. The trend only started very recently anyway, give it 2 years before it peaks. 

Anyway, you can't draw inferences from what they're paid. Again, I said good guard play is more valuable. You can get valuable play out of someone who is cheap and terrible play out of someone who is on a big money deal. Cost is one thing - value is another. 

Best safety in the league makes a hair over 900K/year. 

@WFLukic I'd put Chidobe Awuzie on the depth chart over Webster at this point. He showed really well for Dallas once he got healthy. I appreciate the rest of the ranking though btw.

edit: And how can you leave my center spot blank when this stud is a starting C in the NFL?

0,,~15480358,00.jpeg

Edited by Jlash

3 minutes ago, PR said:

Harrison Smith what?

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

He will forever and always be the best safety.

I actually think he has a studly bounce back year.

Shame they're both lesser players than a BDL PFA.

Byard.png

Just now, Ragnarok said:

He will forever and always be the best safety.

I actually think he has a studly bounce back year.

You're forgetting Reshad Jones mate.... The best safety in the entire AFC by a solid margin.