Songs you sing

DoleINGout

19 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Don't be afraid to play around with the tempo too. I've got a deeper voice that's better suited for country and can (kinda) hit some harsher rock notes. But messing with a song you can really adapt it to you. Here is what I mean, completely different tempo, tuning, but you obviously know the song (mentioned it before, song is pissing me off though, I just am struggling with it  lol)-

I wish I had a little raspiness to my voice like this video.  It would open the door so much.  Mine is more crooner-like.  

2 hours ago, Ataal said:

I wish I had a little raspiness to my voice like this video.  It would open the door so much.  Mine is more crooner-like.  

I know the feeling. My dad has a great voice, hits all kinds of notes. Sings gospel for the church band (does a fair cover of Josh Groban's You Raise Me Up), plays local shows a few times a year and is a fill-in for one of the bigger local bands when either the guitarist or vocalist is out, and I have zero of those gifts. I'm not tone-deaf like my mom was so I got a happy medium I guess.

21 hours ago, mission27 said:

Wait 10 year anniversary?  Unless y'all got married very young mission is most likely going to have to bow out

We got married young.  lol.

We dated since early in high school, got married before I left for the Air Force.

32 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I know the feeling. My dad has a great voice, hits all kinds of notes. Sings gospel for the church band (does a fair cover of Josh Groban's You Raise Me Up), plays local shows a few times a year and is a fill-in for one of the bigger local bands when either the guitarist or vocalist is out, and I have zero of those gifts. I'm not tone-deaf like my mom was so I got a happy medium I guess.

I'm pretty close to pitch-perfect myself.  The problem, for me, is that the music industry is heavily saturated with tenors.  Thus, karaoke limits me quite a bit.  I'm pretty much smack dab in between bass and baritone.  I can do "some" tenor stuff if it calls for a more nasally sound.  Plain White Ts, B-52s, etc..  I can sound exactly like Neil Diamond and Fred Schneider(B52s) on a good night.  I still feel like a one-trick pony compared to my "karaoke squad" who are both tenors.  They do a huge range of songs and are crowd favorites.  

I am a touring musician, but singing is not my forte. I feel more comfortable singing in falsetto, and I usually only sing either when I'm alone practicing guitar - where I'll sing Rooster by AIC, some Neil Young, Blue on Black by KWS, etc - or when I'm with my girlfriend and I'll burst out into my guilty pleasure songs like Kiss From A Rose or Crazy by Seal, and Groove Is In The Heart by Deelite!

Feels good to let that out :)

Archived