AJ McCarron?

Smhx2519

1 hour ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

Not a fan, didn't like him his draft year and don't see how he'd be any different. The guy couldn't beat out Andy Dalton

Given the financial commitment to Andy Dalton, McCarron wasn't going to beat out Dalton.  I think it's far more likely they sign Sam Bradford to be the stop-gap for their next QB.

29 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Given the financial commitment to Andy Dalton, McCarron wasn't going to beat out Dalton.  I think it's far more likely they sign Sam Bradford to be the stop-gap for their next QB.

Plus, there's the Marvin Lewis factor. If there's a coach more reticent to move on from vets for rookies and younger players, I don't know of him. 

I think AJ is potentially a good fit for Arizona. I mean, I don't think that he comes with any more / less risk than Bridgewater or Keenum, both of whom would be comparable signings and honestly don't think there's any less upside and he's still young.  I feel like Wilks may run a more conservative offense, play action heavy in the pass game with AJ, so I think that could be a good fit scheme wise.  I can't trust Bradford to stay healthy, so unless they break the bank for Cousins, I think it's a good match.

Don't mind him, but he's not someone I'd want to be putting all your eggs into. I like him on so far as i think he is the kind of QB you can do good things with when you have a strong running game and a good defensive unit.

It's going to come down to cost for me and you can bet your bottom dollar the people at the top of this organisation are going to love his pedigree as a QB on teams that win football games.

A QB who can convert 3rd downs, be efficient in the redzone and eliminate turnovers is going to do a heck of a lot of good in this team.

You're not asking him to put a team on his shoulders, you're asking him to put the ball in the hands of his playmakers.

I like the idea of McCarron at 12-15m a year for 2-3 years a hell of a lot more than Cousins at 27-30m a year.

Archived