Draft Discussion 3.0

NudeTayne

5 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

I never stated that Hue showed any positives last year.  That was easy enough.

no you didnt but you stated that you are going to enjoy watching all the hue haters eating crow next year. I asked you what makes you believe he is going to add value to the team? Dorsey and Haley will but I dont see Hue bring anything positive because he literally sucked at every aspect of his job last year. Even the aspects he couldnt blame on Sashi and the roster

5 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

More I watch Sony Michel, the more I like him. There’s an Alvin Kamara vibe to his game.

Would be a steal in the second round.

dude literally has two sticks of butter for hands tho. Kamara rarely put the ball on the ground. Sony on the other slippery hand....

1 minute ago, duke2056 said:

this=truth.

He wasn't even average at anything.

it literally is the truth. 

I cant think of any aspect that he was average at.

To me Dorsey is hedging his bet. He is in a win/win situation.

If Hue sucks, he gets to play the card, I gave the coach a chance with a new roster, give a speech on how he likes to give coaches a chance, blah blah blah. So when it comes to hiring the new coach after him if its not haley, he brings some positives to him and the franchise when it comes to interviewers. if Hue somehow pulls his head from his arse and rediscovered how to be a HC, then Dorsey gets viewed like a savior/god for believing in an 0-16 coach, giving him a chance, and watched him succeed because of the brand new roster he gave to Hue

3 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Patriots just traded Cooks to the Rams for the 23rd pick.

Could the Pats now be in the market for one of the top QBs in a trade up?

They now have 23, 31, 39 and 63. As well as the possibility still of flipping Gronk for a pick.

Could they be going after OBJ?

I think with the comment Gronk made about not retiring because Brady is still playing, it might scare teams away from trading for him because leaving the pats might cause him to retire

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

no you didnt but you stated that you are going to enjoy watching all the hue haters eating crow next year. I asked you what makes you believe he is going to add value to the team? Dorsey and Haley will but I dont see Hue bring anything positive because he literally sucked at every aspect of his job last year. Even the aspects he couldnt blame on Sashi and the roster

I actually didn't say that either, I said I am going to enjoy watching the hypocrites screaming from the rooftops how much they love Hue and that they knew he was the man all along.

Hue was bad last year, never denied that, what I did say is PRIOR to coming to Cleveland, he has been good at every stop before, including being HC in Oakland.  There are several factors contributing to his performance here over the last couple of years.  It looks like those factors should be fixed after this off season to let him do his job functionally.

5 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

They now have 23, 31, 39 and 63. As well as the possibility still of flipping Gronk for a pick.

Would not shock me a bit if they don't try to move up for a QB.  The realization has set in that Tom Terrific can't last much longer and they need to have someone waiting in the wings.

7 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

I actually didn't say that either, I said I am going to enjoy watching the hypocrites screaming from the rooftops how much they love Hue and that they knew he was the man all along.

Hue was bad last year, never denied that, what I did say is PRIOR to coming to Cleveland, he has been good at every stop before, including being HC in Oakland.  There are several factors contributing to his performance here over the last couple of years.  It looks like those factors should be fixed after this off season to let him do his job functionally.

True, solid point. 

But even aspects of coaching where the roster or GM doesn’t play a role, he looked completely incompetent. I don’t see those things magically being fixed

14 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Doubtful, this is how Belichick works, he almost always trades down as opposed to up.  Packaging a bunch of assets to move UP would be going against his MO of the last 2 decades.

IMO they realize outside of Brady that team doesn’t have a slew of talent. I’m guessing they use most, if not all, of those picks.

OBJ is a real possibility, Hoodie loves some proven vets.

I am wondering if they are using obj to try and get a more reasonable contract out landry .

there is not a lot of teams that can afford two high picks plus 15plus million a year as a matter of fact you can count them on one hand

1 hour ago, mtmmike said:

I am wondering if they are using obj to try and get a more reasonable contract out landry .

How?

If he doesn’t like the deal he hits the free agent market unrestricted next offseason and can go to the highest bidder after a year of making franchise tag money.

Not sure I’m following how OBJ would lessen Landry’s number in any way.

10 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

How?

If he doesn’t like the deal he hits the free agent market unrestricted next offseason and can go to the highest bidder after a year of making franchise tag money.

Not sure I’m following how OBJ would lessen Landry’s number in any way.

I think he is saying that OBJ money will create a perspective for Landry...for what he actually is worth in comparison.

I have read that right now, at least, Landry (and/or his agent) is thinking he is worth OBJ money.

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

I think he is saying that OBJ money will create a perspective for Landry...for what he actually is worth in comparison.

I have read that right now, at least, Landry (and/or his agent) is thinking he is worth OBJ money.

I’d imagine they would, pretty dumb to start a negotiation lower than that.

I just don’t see him settling for anything before he gets a whack at the open market. Would you?

Archived