Draft Discussion 3.0

NudeTayne

2 hours ago, Mind Character said:

I used to be like you... you sad sap... Baker Mayfield will be your new QB... the sooner you accept it the better off you'll be....

I believe this because of the combination of information I've gained via public streams of info as well as private knowledge shared from having family that have been in the professional football business for years.

Let's talk the public first:

You see this guy sitting next to John Dorsey as his right hand man:

That guy widely known in the Twitter Draftnik Universe and online sports community as a "super scout" or "having some of the best scouting instincts in the league" (Scot McCloughan) is John Dorsey's close friend, scouting advisor, and according to people in real league circles is a de-facto number 2 in the FO in Cleveland and not some "consultant" as has been reported before.

That guy believes that Baker Mayfield is the clear number #1 QB, "just like Brett Favre," and "I'd take him in a heartbeat before all these guys at number 1."

Now, let's talk about some real reasons... what was John Dorsey doing while he was fired? Well, again around the league most people think Dorsey made Oklahoma his second home and according to athletic managerial staff at Oklahoma, John Dorsey met with Baker 1-on-1 each time, and also stayed at a OU boosters unoccupied house instead of a hotel after the first few visits. Dorsey said he's seen him 6 times, but what Peter King didn't report was that those 6 times were actually every home game of Baker Mayfield's final season. So, every home game Dorsey watched Baker in person. Dorsey has admitted he didn't see any of Darnold's games in person... this year, but watched from afar via film.

The key predictor of Dorsey's QB decisions and affinity is what the QBs do via XO's on the white board and understanding of the game. If the top QB at that aspect of QB evaluation also has the physical skill set, accuracy, leader of men, can extend the play characteristics Dorsey covets...that player becomes the top QB on Dorsey's board. Dorsey let that cat out the bag last year when talking about Patrick Mahomes and that he was the top guy on XO's.

Every opportunity Dorsey has to talk about Baker he's talking about his football intelligence and XO's, (https://www.ohio.com/akron/sports/browns/browns-gm-john-dorsey-says-he-has-clarity-of-thought-after-spending-last-week-with-the-four-top-rated-quarterbacks-in-draft)

“I thought he had a really good workout,” Dorsey said. “I thought he had a really good conversation with the group that night. I thought he did really well on the X’s and O’s.”

Mayfield is a polarizing prospect because some question his attitude and character, but Dorsey has defended him throughout this offseason.

“I think he’s very competitive on the football field,” Dorsey said. “I think his teammates absolutely love him. I think everybody in the support organization of Oklahoma loves him. I think he’s got a degree of humility in his person.”

(http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/01/browns_john_dorsey_says_baker.html)

He told 92.3 The Fan's Dustin Fox on Thursday that he learned "when (Mayfield) first got to Oklahoma, his teammates (said) early in the summer, he had digested the playbook and understood it within two days. And then the love and conviction that his teammates have for him, you can see that.

-----------

Here's what hasn't been reported yet but I've heard from family.

1. The Oklahoma staff firmly believes that Baker is John Dorsey's guy... and that he's been so all along specifically because Dorsey called the coaches and private manager of Mayfield and told him to keep his head down and stay out of trouble more than once.

2. Supposedly, The O-Coaches & Eliot Wolf (Haley, Zampese, and Hue) wanted Rosen but now it's Darnold after private meetings and neurological assessments of Rosen... meanwhile the key Personnel group (Dorsey, Highsmith, McCloughan) all are full on Team Mayfield...

For how I know this and generally how stuff like this can leak out of an organization and if you want to waste valuable time in your life see the following thread's OP:

That's some next level ish right there...I want to dispute this because I love Darnold's skillset so much. But...I just can't. Any chance coaching staff wins out on this?

giphy.gif

I used to be like you... you sad sap... Baker Mayfield will be your new QB... the sooner you accept it the better off you'll be....

I believe this because of the combination of information I've gained via public streams of info as well as private knowledge shared from having family that have been in the professional football business for years.

That guy widely known in the Twitter Draftnik Universe and online sports community as a "super scout" or "having some of the best scouting instincts in the league" (Scot McCloughan) is John Dorsey's close friend, scouting advisor, and according to people in real league circles is a de-facto number 2 in the FO in Cleveland and not some "consultant" as has been reported before.

That guy believes that Baker Mayfield is the clear number #1 QB, "just like Brett Favre," and "I'd take him in a heartbeat before all these guys at number 1."

Now, let's talk about some real reasons... what was John Dorsey doing while he was fired? Well, again around the league most people think Dorsey made Oklahoma his second home and according to athletic managerial staff at Oklahoma, John Dorsey met with Baker 1-on-1 each time, and also stayed at a OU boosters unoccupied house instead of a hotel after the first few visits. Dorsey said he's seen him 6 times, but what Peter King didn't report was that those 6 times were actually every home game of Baker Mayfield's final season. So, every home game Dorsey watched Baker in person. Dorsey has admitted he didn't see any of Darnold's games in person... this year, but watched from afar via film.

The key predictor of Dorsey's QB decisions and affinity is what the QBs do via XO's on the white board and understanding of the game. If the top QB at that aspect of QB evaluation also has the physical skill set, accuracy, leader of men, can extend the play characteristics Dorsey covets...that player becomes the top QB on Dorsey's board. Dorsey let that cat out the bag last year when talking about Patrick Mahomes and that he was the top guy on XO's.

Every opportunity Dorsey has to talk about Baker he's talking about his football intelligence and XO's, (https://www.ohio.com/akron/sports/browns/browns-gm-john-dorsey-says-he-has-clarity-of-thought-after-spending-last-week-with-the-four-top-rated-quarterbacks-in-draft)

“I thought he had a really good workout,” Dorsey said. “I thought he had a really good conversation with the group that night. I thought he did really well on the X’s and O’s.”

Mayfield is a polarizing prospect because some question his attitude and character, but Dorsey has defended him throughout this offseason.

“I think he’s very competitive on the football field,” Dorsey said. “I think his teammates absolutely love him. I think everybody in the support organization of Oklahoma loves him. I think he’s got a degree of humility in his person.”

(http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/01/browns_john_dorsey_says_baker.html)

He told 92.3 The Fan's Dustin Fox on Thursday that he learned "when (Mayfield) first got to Oklahoma, his teammates (said) early in the summer, he had digested the playbook and understood it within two days. And then the love and conviction that his teammates have for him, you can see that.

-----------

Here's what hasn't been reported yet but I've heard from family.

1. The Oklahoma staff firmly believes that Baker is John Dorsey's guy... and that he's been so all along specifically because Dorsey called the coaches and private manager of Mayfield and told him to keep his head down and stay out of trouble more than once.

2. Supposedly, The O-Coaches & Eliot Wolf (Haley, Zampese, and Hue) wanted Rosen but now it's Darnold after private meetings and neurological assessments of Rosen... meanwhile the key Personnel group (Dorsey, Highsmith, McCloughan) all are full on Team Mayfield...

For how I know this and generally how stuff like this can leak out of an organization and if you want to waste valuable time in your life see the following thread's OP:

Is this legit?

That guy widely known in the Twitter Draftnik Universe and online sports community as a "super scout" or "having some of the best scouting instincts in the league" (Scot McCloughan) is John Dorsey's close friend, scouting advisor, and according to people in real league circles is a de-facto number 2 in the FO in Cleveland and not some "consultant" as has been reported before.2. Supposedly, The O-Coaches & Eliot Wolf (Haley, Zampese, and Hue) wanted Rosen but now it's Darnold after private meetings and neurological assessments of Rosen... meanwhile the key Personnel group (Dorsey, Highsmith, McCloughan) all are full on Team Mayfield...

Yo idk if I’m not reading this right 

but the man to Dorsey’s left is clearly Eliot Wolf

I actually don’t clearly see Scot in this picture at all 

but yeah we’re not drafting Baker Mayfield 

4 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Wanted to share an interesting tidbit from CBD today...Anita Marks of ESPN New York said all indications within the NYG front office point to the franchise sticking with Davis Webb as their QB of the future. Referenced a coach telling her that Webb's ability to gameplan is unparalleled and the Giants want to move forward with Webb. In which case, that means either Chubb/Barkley/Nelson will be the pick unless New York trades down.

Someone reported that the blueprints for a NYG/BUF trade are already in place as well.

then they are total morons for not taking the deal from the Jets

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

Yes we are :)

The thing I find fascinating every year is just how attached people get to certain prospects as if there is no way they can fail and any other choice is absolutely horrible. In some years, the other choices are horrible, but for QBs this year that is not the case. The number of folks who are already stating they are dumping the Browns if (insert name) is not the pick is crazy to me. The top three are so close to each other that realistically any of the three is worth taking at #1.

1 hour ago, fsubrowns9510 said:

Is this legit?

He's spitting straight facts bruh. There's nothing to dispute...

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

Only if Haslam in his tie-breaker role sees ghosts of smallish Big 12 punk QBs past.

Maybe Grossi will get in his ear?

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

Yo idk if I’m not reading this right 

but the man to Dorsey’s left is clearly Eliot Wolf

I actually don’t clearly see Scot in this picture at all 

Left of Dorsey** NOT Dorsey's left. The post makes a ton of great points. At the very least, I think it makes so much sense and I'm convinced that Mayfield is in consideration over that joke of a prospect Joshua Allen.

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

Wasn’t Dorsey at the Ohio State/USC game?  That would eliminate he not seeing Darnold in person. 

Regardless, that's one game vs. Baker's six. Now the majority of those games were before he was even brought into the Browns' organization, but it certainly speaks to Dorsey's liking of him.

2 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Now the majority of those games were before he was even brought into the Browns' organization, but it certainly speaks to Dorsey's liking of him.

He can like him all he wants.

He can have sex with him for all I care.

So long as he does not select him at #1 or through some screwball (Hueball?) attempt to get cute (Huet) at the top of the draft.

34 minutes ago, bruceb said:

He can like him all he wants.

He can have sex with him for all I care.

So long as he does not select him at #1 or through some screwball (Hueball?) attempt to get cute (Huet) at the top of the draft.

The thing that struck me is Mind's other post about Darnold completely bombing the white board interview. That's bad. He wasn't wrong in mentioning Dorsey's stressing of how important those "X's and O's" are to him. If Darnold really did flunk the interview, that could throw a wedge in all of our beliefs.

7 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

The thing that struck me is Mind's other post about Darnold completely bombing the white board interview. That's bad. He wasn't wrong in mentioning Dorsey's stressing of how important those "X's and O's" are to him. If Darnold really did flunk the interview, that could throw a wedge in all of our beliefs.

Could be but I am sure that I read somewhere that he aced it

Archived