Draft Discussion 3.0

NudeTayne

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

Yeah to me I think it would be the dumbest move in the last decade to pass on Rosen

but if they really believe in Eli and Davis Webb than it might have to happen

I think it’d be the worse move in a long time to pass on Rosen 

Apparently they really like Webb. His game prep habits are meant to be brilliant and Eli was consulting him at times last season.

Webb beat out Mayfield at TT and I think only left for Cal because of Mahomes. They might consider him the future.

1 minute ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Apparently they really like Webb. His game prep habits are meant to be brilliant and Eli was consulting him at times last season.

Webb beat out Mayfield at TT and I think only left for Cal because of Mahomes. They might consider him the future.

I liked Webb a lot last year with some development 

he deff has the arm strength so that’s not the problem 

but it’s hard for me to see a new coaching staff accepting the development QB of the previous staff

that never happens 

20 minutes ago, buno67 said:

They may never play themselves into that position but they can easily trade up like the Rams and Eagles did to get their franchise QB. If you like a QB enough, it’s worth it to trade up for them. 

I don't think that's as easy as you're making it seem... that's the exception to the rule as 1. you have to have a team finish with the worst record in the league, but already have their franchise QB secure (i.e., the Titans and Mariota), and/or 2. you have to have a team trying to play an analytics or money ball trade down long term plan (i.e., the Browns and Eagles etc...)

More often than not, the teams at the top resist even a King's ransom if they believe in a QB in the top 2...

So, while i think they're are unlikey to play themselves into that position, I also think they'd be taking a big risky gamble to think they could easily trade from let's say 8-10 to a top 2 pick in a year in which franchise QB prospects happen to be coming out of college, but the teams at the top happen to have already gotten their QB or are playing Moneyball...

It's really now or who knows (5 years from now or longer) for the Giants...

For me, I say why not strike now?

4 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

- Also the Bills and Browns have talked continuously throughout the process if their guy falls to 4. Hearing a players is involved from the Bills to move up. 3 1st, 1 2nd and a player 

Even if this is just total jive talk, I still like hearing it.  Like a good bedtime story.

Giants are taking a QB at pick 2.  Actions speak louder than words.  You don't draft a non QB at 2 in this draft as opposed to taking pick 6 and three extra 2nd round picks (two this year) just to sit there and take a FREAKING RB when your team isn't even any good and your QB is 37. 

I am shocked anyone could believe they would take a RB at 1.  

10 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

Most years maybe.  This year??  I am guessing at least 2 deals in the first 2 rounds.  

Oh.. I just meant at number 4... I think Dorsey's going to make 2 trades on opening night to get back into round 1 for the 5th year option ... I also think he's going to trade a lot in later rounds...

On 1/30/2018 at 12:54 PM, Mind Character said:

Re-examining the OSU game outside of just stats.

Baker was hit 6 times.... Sam Darnold was hit 28 times...

I've been going all in on Baker Mayfield's games...rewatching them, trying to do everything I can to find the things that make me comfortable passing on Rosen/Darnold for him because I really believe it's an inevitability that Dorsey takes Baker.

It's funny, Baker gets so much credit for the OSU game this year...people compare Baker's OSU game stat to Darnold's, but I've now watched Darnold's and Baker's games versus OSU 4 times from the ALL22 angle, and it couldn't be more clear that Baker relative to Darnold had the majority of passes schemed open while Darnold displayed elite anticipation throwing/blitz avoidance on numerous throws

. in the OSU game, the vast majority of Baker's throws were underneath catch and run throws. His TDs the same...underneath screens or quick outs that were wide open and the RB/WR ran for big chunk yardage. To get in scoring range, he benefited from huge PI calls on bad deep throws and underthrows. There was 1 big unbelievably beautiful throw by Baker one time sideline throw that came somewhere in the 9 minute mark in the 4th Quarter. Outside of that it was all layups and catch and runs.

For Darnold, there were multiple back shoulder throws, multiple deep pass big time throws, blitz avoidance reset accurate throws middle of the field, as well as the bad throws, fumbles, etc. There's so many times Darnold was under duress and made big time throws.

Watching the games consecutively side by side clarifies who in terms of pro translatable skills played the better game... and that is Sam Darnold

9 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Oh.. I just meant at number 4... I think Dorsey's going to make 2 trades on opening night to get back into round 1 for the 5th year option ... I also think he's going to trade a lot in later rounds...

I put it at about 80% they trade pick 4.  

Even though picking twice in the first has never worked for us I think we should keep doing it. It failed cos of scouting.  

We need to trade down from 4 pick somewhere to the teens and 1st next year. If we keep picking twice in the 1ST for a decade we should have continous good teams and not be tied to players. Keep who we need and average players who will get over payed can do it somewhere else.

8 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

I think the Barkley talk is to try and get us to pass on Darnold so the giants can get him. I’ve heard they love him 

They must think we're idiots to pass on a QB at 1 to take a RB.  Well, we have been idiots for 20 years, so cant blame them

Archived