DJ Moore - Possible 1st round target?

paraven

2 D.J. Moore WO25 WR Maryland 21.4 6000 210 137.4 1.9 97.1 Moore 6000 210 31.625 9 76.25 4.42     4.07 6.95 15 39.5 11

https://3sigmaathlete.com/rankings/wide-receiver/

Insane SPARQ score for DJ Moore, he is a problem waiting to happen.

137.4 is his SPARQ score which is only .2 away from tying Dylan Cantrell as the best and 97.1% is the caliber of athlete he is for his position, beyond elite territory. 

A comparison to Saquon Barkley's ratings-

1 Saquon Barkley RB03 RB Penn State 21.6 6000 233 148.4 2.2 98.5 Barkley 6000 233 31.375 9.5 74.25 4.4     4.24   29 41

DJ Moore is behind only Gesicki who scored a ridiculous 150, Barkley's 148, and Cantrell's 137.6. As the best rated athletes in this class, and he would be in the 97th percentile for athletes at his position in the NFL with an age score of only 21.4. Safe to say DJ's best football is in front of him.

Like DJ Moore checks all the boxes.

Production- Check.

Advanced Production- Check.

Work Ethic- Check.

Well Spoken- Check.

Age score- Check.

SPARQ- Check.

I mean, I honestly think I’d rather have Moore than Ridley. Don’t get me wrong, Ridley is indeed the better receiver. But I think Moore is the better playmaker.

His athleticism just backs up what I’ve seen on the tape all along. The only weakness he has in his game right now is his hands and catch radius... and neither of those are terrible. His hands are simply average to above average. While his catch radius is only average to above average.

I just hope the Calvin Ridley hype train can start back up. I don’t want Moore’s hype to rise much more and influence some team to pull the trigger before us in the first round.

If we leave the first round without either:

Derwin James or DJ Moore then I’ll be highly disappointed.

"One Maryland coach called WR D.J. Moore "one of the best people I've been around."
"Loves the game. Works his *&%S off and never had an issue in terms of character," NFL Media's Dan Hellie quoted one Maryland coach saying. The receiver class is a bit murky at this point, with Alabama's Calvin Ridley viewed by most as the top wide receiver. After that rankings seemingly split, and Moore continues to generate more and more buzz. Feb 27 - 10:31 AM

15 minutes ago, EastsideEZ said:

Here’s to hoping we draft, DJ MOORE, the best receiver in ravens history this year... Not really saying much buttttt... aye... HE is what HE is.

FIFY.?

Crazy to think Moore compares so favorably to the best receivers in Ravens franchise history: Derrick Mason, Steve Smith, and Anquan Boldin.

He’s just 1/2 in shorter and 5 lbs lighter than Boldin in terms of frame similarities. His after YAC ability is similar to Steve Smith. And Mason is where I see his potential as a WR in terms of catch radius and reliability before YAC situations.

And with his work ethic and no excuse mentality, you just know that he’s going to succeed in the NFL outside of a career threatening injury. I see some analysts making excuses for other talented receivers (Equinemeous St. Brown as example) not producing because of ****ty quarterback play and I just can’t think of many great NFL receivers that didn’t dominate/produce in college regardless of QB play. A player who struggles, I have to view that as a character concern. Great players generally find ways to produce.

It’s not about the receivers we’ve had as much as it’s about when we had them... Steve Smith and Anquan Boldin both have hall of fame to borderline hall of fame resumes.. they were just both past their prime when they played for us... I believe it’s Michael Jackson who has our all time single season receiving record at right around 1200 yards... Mason Boldin and Smith have all surpassed that in their primes... I also believe Torrey Smith would have surpassed it here as well if we paid him instead of drafting Bretrash slipperyhands... Basically what I’m saying is it Wouldn’t take a record breaking guy to be the best we ever had at receiver 

1 hour ago, EastsideEZ said:

It’s not about the receivers we’ve had as much as it’s about when we had them... Steve Smith and Anquan Boldin both have hall of fame to borderline hall of fame resumes.. they were just both past their prime when they played for us... I believe it’s Michael Jackson who has our all time single season receiving record at right around 1200 yards... Mason Boldin and Smith have all surpassed that in their primes... I also believe Torrey Smith would have surpassed it here as well if we paid him instead of drafting Bretrash slipperyhands... Basically what I’m saying is it Wouldn’t take a record breaking guy to be the best we ever had at receiver 

That makes me think of that rap song by Migos.

Perriman needs a lowlight tape with that song playing in the background now. Would be classic. ?

In terms of the rest of the post, I agree. I think the main thing is that even though Jackson has the most receiving yards, that should be pretty easy to surpass with Moore. Flacco has already shown a propensity to do well with a receiver type like Moore (Mason and Smith) and produced his best receiver seasons. Add a younger version like you said... and it’s easy to see Moore putting up 1400 yds receiving and 8-10 TDs by his third or fourth NFL seasons.

And value or not, that type of player would be worth a pick#16 regardless of who else are his peers.

Archived