• Isaiah Wynn [ G/T ] Georgia
    • Rashaan Evans [ ILB ] Alabama
    • Taven Bryan [ DT ] Florida
    • Courtland Sutton [ WR ] SMU
    • Arden Key [ DE ] LSU
    • Mike McGlinchey [ OT ] Notre Dame
    • Ronald Jones II [ RB ] USC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/22/2018 at 10:16 PM

19 hours ago, Classic said:

He isn't Jullius Peppers, as he was a all time level prospect but he is definitely one of the better athlete in this draft. I think he solves their pass rush woes or they could go James and have young safety duo with Clinton-Dix

I've heard reports from his combine training that his numbers are average.

On 2/22/2018 at 2:32 PM, gopherwrestler said:

I’m amazed more people aren’t on Taven Bryan. He would look beautiful on that defense.

Pretty darn sure we're not taking a DL in the 1st round this year.  They've got Kenny Clark and Mike Daniels as their two primary DL, and they selected Montravius Adams in the 3rd round last year, so selecting another high DL would pretty much be them admitting they made a mistake with Adams.  And given that he didn't play much because of injury, it seems hard to believe that.  I think if the value is right on Day 2, I could see them taking one but I think 1st round DL is out of the question.  Maybe slightly above zero.

On 2/22/2018 at 1:07 PM, Rich7sena said:

I went James/Landry

I'm not sure if the Packers are still going to use a nickel-backer, but James would be a perfect one.

The question if the Packers select Derwin James is what happens with Josh Jones whom they selected in the 2nd round last year and played reasonably well before hitting the rookie wall.  If they select James, do they move Josh Jones into an ILB/S hybrid like Morgan Burnett played last year or does James play that role?  Is that's what is best for the team?  The value for Derwin James seems fine, just the fit seems to be the bigger question.

33 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

The question if the Packers select Derwin James is what happens with Josh Jones whom they selected in the 2nd round last year and played reasonably well before hitting the rookie wall.  If they select James, do they move Josh Jones into an ILB/S hybrid like Morgan Burnett played last year or does James play that role?  Is that's what is best for the team?  The value for Derwin James seems fine, just the fit seems to be the bigger question.

I’d put James in the nickel backer role Burnett played last year and put Jones over top with Clinton-Dix.

8 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I’d put James in the nickel backer role Burnett played last year and put Jones over top with Clinton-Dix.

I think there's an argument to be made for that, but given the Packers lack of willingness to invest more than mid-to-late round picks into the ILB position in the past will that change under Gute?

Archived