The Official Recruiting Thread

1King

Luke Ford just committed to Georgia

Kirby has had two straight recruiting classes that are at over 300 points on the 247 system, and this is with the new recruiting rules, so he isnt taking 28-30 players. 311 points now with 24 spots taken, and a couple of those 3* will left for 4*, so it will grow even further. 

Richt was a good recruiter, but he was never this good. 

@jrry32 In Kirby's last two classes, he has gotten players out of New York, Pennsylvania(3), Mississippi, Illinois, and Oklahoma. You could also count Eason out of Washington, but Richt/Bobo also had a hand in that. You can worry about getting players out of Georgia and Florida, Kirby will still be getting guys from across the nation. 

edit: also, I know its just ESPN, but my point still stands in there being a difference between Kirby and Richt recruiting. 

Georgia has landed 7 top-30 recruits for the Class of 2018. That is the most in a single class for any school in the ESPN 300 era (since 2006).

— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) December 20, 2017

Edited by devils1854
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

that was bound to happen with the coaching change. 

That’s partly true but here are the other programs with coaching changes:

13) Oregon

14) Florida

20) Mississippi State

26) Tennessee.

All of those programs have new coaches. All of them are currently higher in the recruiting rankings than A&M. 

Our resident Aggie told us that they were such alphas that they would be amongst the best if not the best.

In the state of Texas, A&M is having a worse recruiting year than Texas, TCU, and Baylor.

In terms of SEC West recruiting, A&M is only beating Ole Miss and Arkansas. Even Mississippi State with a new coach is beating A&M.

Alphas? (Baylor.)

Alphas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

If Kirby wins one bowl game they're tied (and if they win the Natty Kirby is 1 up), so that's an invalid point right now and Kirby has a chance to win a Natty right now - so it's all TBD on this front. 

Wrong. Richt went 21-5. Kirby currently 21-6. If Kirby wins a natty, he will have done more than Richt ever did. We'll see what happens.

1 hour ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

If you don't believe that Georgia consistently under-performed under Mark Richt then we are not going to come to any sort of agreement here. 

I think it's silly to claim that Richt under-performed. You're setting the standard of performance at UGA at Urban or Saban levels. Richt had a better winning percentage than Dooley at UGA.

21 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Luke Ford just committed to Georgia

Kirby has had two straight recruiting classes that are at over 300 points on the 247 system, and this is with the new recruiting rules, so he isnt taking 28-30 players. 311 points now with 24 spots taken, and a couple of those 3* will left for 4*, so it will grow even further. 

Richt was a good recruiter, but he was never this good. 

@jrry32 In Kirby's last two classes, he has gotten players out of New York, Pennsylvania(3), Mississippi, Illinois, and Oklahoma. You could also count Eason out of Washington, but Richt/Bobo also had a hand in that. You can worry about getting players out of Georgia and Florida, Kirby will still be getting guys from across the nation. 

edit: also, I know its just ESPN, but my point still stands in there being a difference between Kirby and Richt recruiting. 

Georgia has landed 7 top-30 recruits for the Class of 2018. That is the most in a single class for any school in the ESPN 300 era (since 2006).

— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) December 20, 2017

What?!?!?!?!?! Kirby recruits nationally? Nobody else can do that. Oh no, we're all screwed. xD

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Granted I haven't fact checked this, but Eason-Fromm-Fields is probably the best 3 year QB recruiting run in modern history. UGA is a problem.

Problem with QBs is that only one will play. It's possible that two of the three transfer out.

47 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Wrong. Richt went 21-5. Kirby currently 21-6. If Kirby wins a natty, he will have done more than Richt ever did. We'll see what happens.

I think it's silly to claim that Richt under-performed. You're setting the standard of performance at UGA at Urban or Saban levels. Richt had a better winning percentage than Dooley at UGA.

What?!?!?!?!?! Kirby recruits nationally? Nobody else can do that. Oh no, we're all screwed. xD

All you do is deflect.

You tried to say that Tennessee, Florida, and Florida State will be a problem in Georgia going forward, and I made the point that Kirby has already shown in his three classes here that he isnt restrained to the south for recruiting, and all you do is try to make a joke.

Lets be real, you hate Georgia and will not give them any credit. Its true. People can go to thread to thread and see your posts. Im not going to change your mind. We will just have to see it on the field. 

13 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Granted I haven't fact checked this, but Eason-Fromm-Fields is probably the best 3 year QB recruiting run in modern history. UGA is a problem.

I believe it was from Rivals, so dont 100% quote me, but Georgia is the first program to get three straight 5* QBs.

Edit:Yes, it was Rivals. Rivals was the only outlet that had Fromm as a 5*.

There was also some crazy recruiting stat from Rivals about RBs. Maybe Cook and White are the first pair of 5* RBs to ever go to the same school in the same cycle.....Qualifier...Cook is only a 5* on Rivals. 

Edited by devils1854

To me, the most impressive thing Kirby has done as a recruiter is what he has done with OL recruiting in the past 2 years:

• Isaiah Wilson (#16 overall, #2 OT)
  • Andrew Thomas (#45 overall, #9 OT)
  • Netori Johnson (#87 overall, #6 OG)

• Jamaree Salyer (#10 overall, #1 OG)
  • Cade Mays (#16 overall, #2 OT)
  • Trey Hill (#38 overall, #2 OG)

I think the way they're recruiting to fit needs is also scary. They're losing 2 star RBs in Chubb and Michel this year. They're signing Zamir White (#6 overall, #1 RB) and James Cook (#31 overall, #3 RB) on top of already having D'Andre Swift.