Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

7 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

C'mon, those 4 guys not exactly world beaters when it comes to talent.  That is not Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Deion Sanders, and Johnathan Ogden we are talking about.

Hell, the 18 differential between Tyrod's and Kizer's picks is enough of a difference.

5 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Hell, the 18 differential between Tyrod's and Kizer's picks is enough of a difference.

I never said that he was not a huge upgrade over Kizer, just that he is not a world beater.  His game is very similar to that of Alex Smith, which I have no doubt is why he is here.

6 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Sorry, but anything that starts with Mayfield is failure to me.

Also, when was the last time you heard Mayfield talking of losing confidence?  There is a trait that football czars like to speak of, called being a leader of men.  Can you be a leader of men with broken confidence?

5 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

Nothing. If he was 6’2 and was quiet he’d be the easiest number 1 pick next to Myles Garrett 

I rest my case :-)  I will take the supremely confident QB with a good arm, good mobility, elite accuracy, supreme confidence, and is ultra competitive that is an inch or 2 shorter than ideal, compared to the QB with the good height, wonky throwing motion that he is unwilling to even try to correct, shaken confidence, and questionable decision making at times.

4 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

I rest my case :-)  I will take the supremely confident QB with a good arm, good mobility, elite accuracy,supreme confidence, and is ultra competitive that is an inch or 2 shorter than ideal, compared to the QB with the good height, wonky throwing motion that he is unwilling to even try to correct, shaken confidence, and questionable decision making at times.

Mayfield will be exposed in the NFL.

Unless he is in as friendly an O that he played in college with as good or better a supporting cast, he will be lucky to complete 60% of his passes.

As for Darnold, sounds like you have drinking a lot of silly season Kool-aid.

2 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Mayfield will be exposed in the NFL.

Unless he is in as friendly an O that he played in college with as good or better a supporting cast, he will be lucky to complete 60% of his passes.

As for Darnold, sounds like you have drinking a lot of silly season Kool-aid.

Say what you will, when the player himself speaks of losing confidence, its pretty telling.  Yes he won, yes he put up good numbers.  However, yes the tape shows that decision making I spoke of, and yes it also shows that throwing motion I am talking about.  Kool-aid is hype driven propaganda without substance, I would say there is plenty of substance when it comes to my grade of Darnold.  Now, where is the substance for your assessment about Mayfield and how he will be exposed?  What exactly are you basing that upon? 

2 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

Kool-aid is hype driven propaganda without substance, I would say there is plenty of substance when it comes to my grade of Darnold.

5 of the 6 analysts at nfl.com disagree with you.

So if it's not "hype driven propaganda without substance" that you are drinking, what are you smoking?

42 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

C'mon, those 4 guys are not exactly world beaters when it comes to talent.  That is not Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Deion Sanders, and Johnathan Ogden we are talking about.

1 is 22-20 as a starter and resurrected 1 dead franchise and led his team to the playoffs last year in his prime
1 is a 3x pro bowler in his prime
1 is a former first round pick back at his natural position (and still a pretty good player at his old position) in his prime 
1 is a young player who yeah probably isnt much but will prob go down as having a pretty decent pro career that no one will remember but yet still in his prime

if your argument is your previous FO didnt give you a chance, you cant make that same argument now.

2 minutes ago, bruceb said:

So if it's not "hype driven propaganda without substance" that you are drinking, what are you smoking?

So your substance is, listening to what the NFL studios guys tell you to think.  Makes sense.

Just now, DizzyDean said:

Say what you will, when the player himself speaks of losing confidence, its pretty telling.  Yes he won, yes he put up good numbers.  However, yes the tape shows that decision making I spoke of, and yes it also shows that throwing motion I am talking about.  Kool-aid is hype driven propaganda without substance, I would say there is plenty of substance when it comes to my grade of Darnold.  Now, where is the substance for your assessment about Mayfield and how he will be exposed?  What exactly are you basing that upon? 

I too have backed off on Darnold. Something is off to me. Every thing he does always looks like a struggle. Yes, he was getting results but is it going to translate to success in the NFL when you are constantly having to work harder than everyone else to get the same result? I have heard and read numerous things about him bombing during chalk talk sessions with teams and where there is smoke there is at least a hot ember if not a fire. Watching him throw and drive a team down the field compared to the other QBs he just looks like a guy who is getting oftly lucky.

I was wrestling with Mayfield/Darnold for too long but I have made up my mind I'm a Baker Mayfield QB1 guy.

I disagree with you Josh Allen assessment though. Dude has some seriously shotty footwork and wildly erratic accuracy.

I would be on board with Lamar Jackson if we had an innovative coaching staff that would bring in some Zone read and RPO concepts. If we are going to try to turn him into a pure pocket passer then he's going to bust all the way.

And lastly hell freaking no to  Josh Rosen.

4 minutes ago, bruceb said:

5 out of my last 6 wives disagreed with me.

It didn't make them right. It just made them 5 idiots who had the same opinion.

Archived