Lions Den - Introductions

X_Factor_40

Welcome to the new look Lions Den! With the new forum comes new opportunities for growth! It's been years since we've all taken a minute to introduce ourselves again. Being a forum full of veterans, let's take some time to talk a little about ourselves, and welcome in new fans as the Lions Den gets a new look and the team works on another run for it all!

Oddly enough I became a Lions fan during the 0-16 season. That was when I really got old enough to pay attention to football and actually care/know about it, and the Lions were the local team. I only root for local teams in other sports, so it only made sense to become a Lions fan. Maybe doesn't make quite as much sense now.

• 1 month later...

Hey, 

Happy to join the Forum! Currently living in Salt Lake City, where there is actually a nice crop of Lions fans! Very passionate about all Detroit sports. Never been to Detroit in my life actually, making my first trip out for the game in November against the Browns, hoping to catch a Wings game also! I work as a Sales Manager for Red Bull Energy Drink. Just love talking lions with people and hope to bring some knowledge and good conversation to the forum!!!

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 10:16 AM, 801Lionsfan said:

Hey, 

Happy to join the Forum! Currently living in Salt Lake City, where there is actually a nice crop of Lions fans! Very passionate about all Detroit sports. Never been to Detroit in my life actually, making my first trip out for the game in November against the Browns, hoping to catch a Wings game also! I work as a Sales Manager for Red Bull Energy Drink. Just love talking lions with people and hope to bring some knowledge and good conversation to the forum!!!

Welcome to the forum.  How does someone in Utah become a Lions fan? 

Going to a Wings game should be fun.  I am looking forward to getting down to the new stadium this year. 

• 2 weeks later...

Allright, lets do this, Finnish Lions fan here! I started following NFL in 2006, when i went to watch Super Bowl XL to my friends place. At first it was just watching Super Bowl each year, but after few years i decided to start following the sport more. I started to root for Lions because i have been Wings fan since 1996 and no one can call Lions fan a gloryhunter. I dont remember exactly what year i started to root for the Lions. If i had to guess, i'd say it was somewhere around 2012'ish. 2013 season i remember well, especially that snow game against Eagles.

Current and all time favourite is of course Matt Stafford, guy is so underrated. I feel really good about this years team and NFC North title is realistic goal and after that first playoff win with Stafford. Go Lions!

Definately coming to Detroit one day to catch Lions and Wings games.

Edited by teude

• 1 month later...

Life long Lions fan. Followed the team for awhile, and really become passionate around 02'. 

I just joined and no one response much to anything posted. Me or what others even say, it's more statements for people to read then they leave... Like it's a football journal or something.

Hopefully I'm just popping in when people are on vacation or something because its' VERY quite around here, even the MODS don't keep lively discussion, even amongst themselves. I've just joined but hopefully this doesn't phase out as another forum with no real fan base. Not every message board is like this... It's prolly against rules or whatever to post a good site to go post in but this is rough around here I'll say that.

• 3 months later...

Hi all! I've been a long time creeper of this site. Finally decided to make a log in. 

I was always a Sanders fan growing up but never a lions fan. I was a Houson Oilers fan growing up which was taboo in my family bc they were all cowboys fans. I still cheer on my Houston  teams. Anyway back to my lions story:  coworker was a lifelong lions fan. We would waste Sundays during the 0-16 season watching them loose. I'd tease him terribly. By the end of the season I found myself invested and hooked. I've been a huge lions fan since. 

• Like 1

On 2/18/2018 at 9:28 AM, ¥€Ti said:

Hi all! I've been a long time creeper of this site. Finally decided to make a log in. 

I was always a Sanders fan growing up but never a lions fan. I was a Houson Oilers fan growing up which was taboo in my family bc they were all cowboys fans. I still cheer on my Houston  teams. Anyway back to my lions story:  coworker was a lifelong lions fan. We would waste Sundays during the 0-16 season watching them loose. I'd tease him terribly. By the end of the season I found myself invested and hooked. I've been a huge lions fan since. 

Welcome to the pit of misery. It's a hard life being a Lions Fan, but your dedication to the cause is sure to make you fit right in. We're glad you decided to snag an account and join us!

On 2/22/2018 at 9:05 PM, X_Factor_40 said:

Welcome to the pit of misery. It's a hard life being a Lions Fan, but your dedication to the cause is sure to make you fit right in. We're glad you decided to snag an account and join us!

Thanks for the warm welcome! And yes misery seems to fit hand and hand with the lions. But I'm still here every Sunday! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Asylum247 said:

Alright... Introduction... 

Asylum247, it' bben aa few years since I've been to this site. I like the new look. 

Welcome back, man! It’s nice to see you around again. The new site took a little while for me to warm up to, but it has some really cool new features. I like it a lot. 

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the Lions now that we have a little bit of hope! Hopefully the new look can keep you around for a while. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not from the Michigan area but I've been a Lions fan since my first NFL game in 2006: Lions vs Bills at Ford Field. Roy Williams caught a great TD pass nearly right in front of me and I was hooked. I went to the home opener in 2008. Left with five minutes in the game (not by my choice) which went from a reasonable score to 48-25 thanks to two pick 6's. Despite a winless season, I have been hooked for the last 12 years and can't quit. I have also made my way to pay East Lansing a visit a few times.

• 1 year later...
On 3/28/2018 at 4:59 PM, Karnage84 said:

I'm not from the Michigan area but I've been a Lions fan since my first NFL game in 2006: Lions vs Bills at Ford Field. Roy Williams caught a great TD pass nearly right in front of me and I was hooked. I went to the home opener in 2008. Left with five minutes in the game (not by my choice) which went from a reasonable score to 48-25 thanks to two pick 6's. Despite a winless season, I have been hooked for the last 12 years and can't quit. I have also made my way to pay East Lansing a visit a few times.

youre not from michigan area and you like the lions? are you insane? or just like the torture