2018 NFL Combine (measurements in OP)

goldfishwars

5 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

Because it's funny. He proves over and over again how much of a fraud he is and yet so many people use his opinions as their own. It's fun to point out examples of him being a fraud and it's confounding when someone tries to stick up for him when he's caught in a lie. 

I agree.  Matt Miller is a total fraud.  The way he oscillates his "opinion" of players after getting counsel from actual scouts is hilarious. 

Its embarrassing that he has to lie to make himself look like he's always right.  Or more right than wrong.  He's been exposed of this act before.   I forgot the QB, it might have been Cam Newton vs Blaine Gabbert, but he was pretending a few years ago that he always knew Cam Newton would be elite then people brought up old tweets where he's crapping on Cam and saying Blaine Gabbert is the better prospect.

The guy just doesn't know how to be honest.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

I just realized Antonio Callaway is at the Combine. That should be interesting. As much as I think the guy is an idiot, he's hard to pass on in Round 3 or 4. He's a legitimate top 15 talent on film.

Legitimate top 5 talent in my book.  But that's close enough.  :D

2 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Royce Freeman had the third best 3-come amongst RB’s, 6.90. 

He's a ready-made inside zone runningback.

Really curious to see what Maurice Hurst benches today. I normally don't care about the bench, but he literally bench presses offensive lineman regularly in colleges.

Also: can we stop with the burying of draft media personalities. I've come to realize the draft community is so toxic and self-destructive because of thinly veiled jealousy and hate. The draft is a non-expert field with only so many jobs. If you don't like how a guy does his work just don't follow and let him be. We're all hacks at this anyway.

15 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Also: can we stop with the burying of draft media personalities. I've come to realize the draft community is so toxic and self-destructive because of thinly veiled jealousy and hate. The draft is a non-expert field with only so many jobs. If you don't like how a guy does his work just don't follow and let him be. We're all hacks at this anyway.

Fair point! Agreed.

7 hours ago, jrry32 said:

If I were running the Browns, I'm not trading up for Saquon. He's insanely talented, but the Browns already have Duke Johnson. He's a major weapon in the passing game. They also have four picks from #33 to #65. They will be able to land a very talented runner in that range. 

So there are two of us.

We may be few, but I like the company.

42 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So there are two of us.

We may be few, but I like the company.

I'm not a Browns fan, but over the past couple months doing mock offseasons I've found the Browns to be one of the toughest teams to draft for. They have a lot of young, developing talent but little to no true blue chip players outside of Garrett. If the Browns don't try to make some moves up the board, they're going to be doubling up a lot of positions with developmental talent. If I'm the Browns, I draft Saquon Barkley 1st overall and and offer 1.4, 2.33, and 2.35 to the Giants for 1.2. If they accept, I'm taking my QB of choice (Darnold).

5 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

I know people expected Brown to perform badly, however his numbers are still historically interesting.

5 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Man Brian O’Neil had a freaky combine, but it’s gonna be hard to get over how much he got owned at the Senior Bowl. 

The best part of these two posts, is that Orlando Brown (IMO) is still the better football player. 

17 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I'm not a Browns fan, but over the past couple months doing mock offseasons I've found the Browns to be one of the toughest teams to draft for. They have a lot of young, developing talent but little to no true blue chip players outside of Garrett. If the Browns don't try to make some moves up the board, they're going to be doubling up a lot of positions with developmental talent. If I'm the Browns, I draft Saquon Barkley 1st overall and and offer 1.4, 2.33, and 2.35 to the Giants for 1.2. If they accept, I'm taking my QB of choice (Darnold).

To me, QB is their first, second and third need.  Nothing else matters until they get that figured out. At one they don’t need to overthink a thing and just take their QB (Darnold is my choice).

I also believe in the principals of analytics and also the idea of relative positional value, so * I * wouldn’t trade up for a RB at two, especially with this exceptional group of backs.

With the same assets you would be willing to burn to get Barkley at 2, we could get a guy like Minkah at 4 (FS and CB are both huge needs) as well as 2 running backs at 33 and 35, say Michel and Jones. This upgrades 3 roster spots and still adds a “blue chip” talent.

My preference is a small trade down if possible from 4 to a team wanting to jump the Broncos for a QB, for 2019 picks though.

Archived