Rams Pick at 23

goldfishwars

2 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

I think we can agree that OLB, CB, ILB, and possibly OT would be the 4 narrowed down positions that we are looking at in that order.

The number one need for this Defense is still NT. Yes we need some Edge players, but Wade can manufacture pressure with as dominant of a Front 3 as Donald-Top NT-Brockers would be

26 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

The number one need for this Defense is still NT. Yes we need some Edge players, but Wade can manufacture pressure with as dominant of a Front 3 as Donald-Top NT-Brockers would be

I'd say an edge is the top need. We can land a NT outside of the first round. Derrick Nnadi is a great example of a guy who'd kill in our scheme who should be around in the 3rd/4th round.

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I'd say an edge is the top need. We can land a NT outside of the first round. Derrick Nnadi is a great example of a guy who'd kill in our scheme who should be around in the 3rd/4th round.

LVE in the first, Okowronko in the 3rd and Nandi in the 4th and Brett Toth in the 5th is what I’m looking at for my next mock. Maybe BJ Hill at NT. Where these OT’s fall is going to be interesting.

5 minutes ago, RamPackFan said:

no way we are drafting a DT with our 1st two picks...I'll wager that with anyone in here. Pass rusher will be the 1st pick then probably LB or OL. Take it to the bank ;)

Never say never. If we can add Payne to Brockers and Donald you’ll have NFC West QB’s thinking about retirement.

1 minute ago, NVRamsFan said:

Never say never. If we can add Payne to Brockers and Donald you’ll have NFC West QB’s thinking about retirement.

haha..no doubt! I don't see it happening to be honest though...just doesn't seem to be a move our current staff would go for that early in the draft  

36 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

I’m with some of the others though, NT is a huge need. Our run defense had big issues and that’s the first thing we need to address it.

really? we run a 3-4 so you're saying it was 1 guy or lack thereof? LB seemed like the bigger problem...Donald and Brockers hold it down well, IMHO and Smart and Walker did well rotating in the mix there...maybe and another "mid-round" guy but I do not believe it's a "priority" over LB and Pass Rush. Our atrocious (at times) run defense was more to blame on the LB crew than upfront

53 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

LVE in the first, Okowronko in the 3rd and Nandi in the 4th and Brett Toth in the 5th is what I’m looking at for my next mock. Maybe BJ Hill at NT. Where these OT’s fall is going to be interesting.

The 5th is too high for Toth. He's off limits for two years.

1 minute ago, RamPackFan said:

really? we run a 3-4 so you're saying it was 1 guy or lack thereof? LB seemed like the bigger problem...Donald and Brockers hold it down well, IMHO and Smart and Walker did well rotating in the mix there...maybe and another "mid-round" guy but I do not believe it's a "priority" over LB and Pass Rush. Our atrocious (at times) run defense was more to blame on the LB crew than upfront

A space eating NT occupying a couple guys in the middle make it less likely that the center or guards blow up the under sized Ethan Westbrook. Now Barron and Tree are in a better spot to take on the back. Last year those interior oline men washed out Westbrook and then did the same to our ILB while the back is now running wild in the secondary. Yes one of our ILB also should be upgraded. But without a good NT vs the run even a thumper ILB will have issues.

CB-

Josh Jackson

Mike Hughes

Jaire Alexander

OLB-

Harold Landry

Lorenzo Carter

ILB-

Rashaan Evans

Roquan Smith

DL- 

Daron Payne

OL-

Isaiah Wynn

James Daniels

All guys I would be okay with at 23 or later (some I would like more than others obviously)

14 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I honestly still truely believe that the NT would change everything on this Defense. We would have beetter run defense, and would allow lesser Edge Rushers more freedom to provide us with just as good results as a young drafted OLB would give us. Now Im not reaching for a NT or anything, but I think if we would get a Payne/Settle in the middle, then a collection of Ebukam, bringing back Barwin, adding a couple of Murphy/McPhee/Ford/Ealy/Attouchu, and drafting a prospect would be a group that could easily rack up the 20+ sacks that we got out of our OLBs this past season.

Archived