Anime and Manga Thread.

Supersuavesky

I watched the first episode of Reincarnated as a Slime and liked it. I've heard a lot of good things about it so I've put it on the back burner and am going to watch the entirety of it in a binge once it's finished.

I'm really digging Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai. I thought it was going to be some dumb harem-ecchi show based on the name and thumbnail so I didn't bother watching it at first but I heard some really good things about it so I gave it a try. I'm pretty blown away, to be honest. The two main leads have some really amazing character chemistry that keeps me heavily invested in the story. I love it. It's up there with Devilman Crybaby, A Place Further than the Universe, and MHA season 3 for best show of the year. It could even end up being better than all of them depending on how the next 7 weeks go.

Of course Jojo's Part 5 is airing and I'm hyped, it's still early days of its 39 episode run so there is a lot of ground to still cover there.

I finished watching Ergo Proxy tonight. A solid 9/10 and a show I'll be rewatching in the future for sure. It's a really interesting complex Cyberpunk show that I have been meaning to watch since I started watching anime. I really should have gotten to it sooner because it was great. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

EVANGELION IS COMING TO NETFLIX 

This is the best, most influential anime of all time and it's finally getting a streaming release. It's definitely not a show for everyone though. If you like casual shows you're going to hate Eva, but it is the most intelligent thought provoking show I've ever watched with great characters and a bat**** insane plot. This show heavily influenced my life so I'm really excited that I can finally share it with people.  

2 hours ago, Geek said:

EVANGELION IS COMING TO NETFLIX 

This is the best, most influential anime of all time and it's finally getting a streaming release. It's definitely not a show for everyone though. If you like casual shows you're going to hate Eva, but it is the most intelligent thought provoking show I've ever watched with great characters and a bat**** insane plot. This show heavily influenced my life so I'm really excited that I can finally share it with people.  

Can't wait

7 minutes ago, freak_of_nature said:

Are the NGE movies included?

End of Evangelion is (which is the most important one and the conclusion to the NGE series) and Death and Rebirth is (pretty much a long *** recap movie of the series, not worth watching)

The rebuild movies (the new movies with a different storyline) aren't being added. I suspect they will eventually be added after the 4th and final movie comes to theaters in 2020.

7 minutes ago, Geek said:

Wait really? Where'd you hear that? Ill I've seen is EoE and Death and Rebirth is coming. Nothing about the new movies. 

https://screenrant.com/neon-genesis-evangelion-netflix-streaming-2019/

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2018/11/streaming-debut-of-neon-genesis-evangelion-leads-n.html

I'd imagine Netflix will throw out the cash for the new movies if Evangelion does well enough, for now I'm assuming they will since they're already committed to it.

Can't wait for a whole new generation to obsess over the ending of TV and EoE while completely missing the ACTUAL POINT of both endings and the series as a whole. Because that hasn't been exhausting for the last 20 years every time you try and talk about EVA (my favorite series).

Edited by Thelonebillsfan

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Can't wait for a whole new generation to obsess over the ending of TV and EoE while completely missing the ACTUAL POINT of both endings and the series as a whole. Because that hasn't been exhausting for the last 20 years every time you try and talk about EVA (my favorite series).

Eva is complex and multifaceted. There's always a lot going on in the plot and between the characters so it's easy to miss the point of the show. The first time I watched EoE I was way too mindblown to understand what happened, nevermind understanding the subtilties of the plot. It's definitely a show you got to watch a few times to understand everything that is going on so I'm not too pressed that people don't get it the first time through. 

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

3.0+1.0 isn't even in pre-production yet lol. Anno is busy doing literally anything else.

It's at least in pre-production now if not full on production. Studio Khara tweeted about how they were developing 3.0+1.0 parallel to Shin Godzilla and that an initial draft of the movie existed in January 2017.  Khara also put out a call for animators to start working on June 30th of this year. They also put out this teaser trailer several months ago and stated the released date for the new movie is in 2020. So I dunno how far they really are into because they haven't announced anything yet but it's safe to say that Anno and Khara studios have turned their attention to this movie and it's being worked on.